Byron Young Ineligible *CONFIRMED*

Saw this last night. It’s not being mentioned anywhere else that I can find. I find it hard to believe such a thing would go completely unnoticed by everyone until the night before the first game, too. But, it also wouldn’t surprise me if it’s true. So, who knows—I guess we’ll find out sometime today.

Most of the UT reporters were getting a good nights sleep last night. They could just not see it yet, or it could be the beginning of the end.

I mean he was listed as a 1. It says "Tyler Baron OR Byron Young" in the number one spot.
Hmm 🤷🏻‍♂️… hope this isn’t true, but it sounds super random to not have any legs at all. Byron did have a unique road to UT, that’s why it wouldn’t be hard for me to believe. I’ve really been looking forward to what he can do. Maybe the most hyped defensive player through camp.

The posters pushing this rumor claim he would be out for 2-3 games, so hopefully back by Florida IF this is all true.

However, if there were some eligibility issues, I find it difficult to believe it wasn’t discovered and/or mentioned until this late in the process. Yet, he is 23 according to his UT bio and the details on his juco stint are pretty scant.

I’m torn on what to think and hope it’s just baseless rumor.

Reactions: IluvdoubleD's
The posters pushing this rumor claim he would be out for 2-3 games, so hopefully back by Florida IF this is all true.

However, if there were some eligibility issues, I find it difficult to believe it wasn’t discovered and/or mentioned until this late in the process. Yet, he is 23 according to his UT bio and the details on his juco stint are pretty scant.

I’m torn on what to think and hope it’s just baseless rumor.
I hear you, but then a fake high school did just scam it's way onto ESPN. Best not to assume rudimentary competence anymore.

Last edited:
Something tells me this is a troll job. Because the reason given is because he didn't tell someone" he played games for a juco or prep school a few years ago". That wouldn't matter in regards to eligibility.

Seems as if at worst he would only have 2 years to play two, instead of 3 years to play three if this were the case.

VN Store

Back