Bye Kansas Basketball

Most likely will be a One year postseason ban and a couple of lost scholarships. They’ll survive.

97% of the programs would get smashed with these violations. KU won't be one of them, I'm guessing a one year tourney ban.

NCAA bylaw 11.1.1.1 states that a "head coach is presumed to be responsible for the actions of all staff members who report, directly or indirectly, to the head coach. The head coach will be held accountable for violations in the program unless he or she can rebut the presumption of responsibility."

Under NCAA rules, a head coach can receive a show-cause order and be suspended up to an entire season for Level I violations and up to half a season for Level II violations. The length of the suspension is determined by the Committee on Infractions and depends on the "severity of the violation(s) committed, the level of the coach's involvement and any other aggravating or mitigating factors."

So why not wait it out unless it is "per" infraction? Kansas will skirt bye like UNC and only schools like UT are played the fool by the NCAA.

College basketball is in a world of hurt. The NBA better take notice soon or these one-and-doners and agents and shoe contracts are going to kill the college game. Greed isn't going to allow these blueblood programs and wannabees to get out of their own selfish way.

In the meantime, we all get a much better look at the sport's underbelly we hope never gets exposed on our campus.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Ugly business that that ruins a lot of kids at a very young age.

NCAA bylaw 11.1.1.1 states that a "head coach is presumed to be responsible for the actions of all staff members who report, directly or indirectly, to the head coach. The head coach will be held accountable for violations in the program unless he or she can rebut the presumption of responsibility."

Under NCAA rules, a head coach can receive a show-cause order and be suspended up to an entire season for Level I violations and up to half a season for Level II violations. The length of the suspension is determined by the Committee on Infractions and depends on the "severity of the violation(s) committed, the level of the coach's involvement and any other aggravating or mitigating factors."

So why not wait it out unless it is "per" infraction? Kansas will skirt bye like UNC and only schools like UT are played the fool by the NCAA.
How exactly is a school like Ut getting played the fool?

97% of the programs would get smashed with these violations. KU won't be one of them, I'm guessing a one year tourney ban.
What makes you say that? NCAA has no love for KU. They’ve been hit with major violations over the past few decades. Now Duke and UNC on the other hand.....

I think it's obvious from the wording of the allegations and FBI report that the NCAA wants these rogue HCs gone from their teams. So far the universities are hanging on to these guys like their kinfolk. Pearl has stonewalled his entire barner BOT, including his AD, and lived to tell about it. So Far. LSU is so starving for basketball success they wouldn't mind being in bed with Jack the Ripper as long as it gets them where they want to go. I think the NCAA is going to make these Universities pay for not being more pro-active about cleaning-house, even with all the FBI tapes and transcripts.

One down and 5 to go.

College basketball is in a world of hurt. The NBA better take notice soon or these one-and-doners and agents and shoe contracts are going to kill the college game. Greed isn't going to allow these blueblood programs and wannabees to get out of their own selfish way.

In the meantime, we all get a much better look at the sport's underbelly we hope never gets exposed on our campus.

Why would the NBA care or need to take any sort of action? They can get players in a number of different ways outside of college basketball now and are already considering change to the "one and done" rules. Now the NBPA might care.

Why would the NBA care or need to take any sort of action? They can get players in a number of different ways outside of college basketball now and are already considering change to the "one and done" rules. Now the NBPA might care.

The NBA started this mess when they no longer allowed high school players to enter the NBA draft after Lebron's class. These phenoms have zero interest in a college degree and know they will never be there long enough to come close to one. They want to play ball and they want to get paid, NOW. That's what this entire mess is about.

The NBA has proposed to their union that they allow 18-year-old players to once again enter the draft beginning in 2022.

Getting rid of these mercenaries disguised as student-athletes will go a long way in cleaning up a mess that greed started. It will also give guys like Calipari something to do besides recruit 10 freshmen every season. He might even win another championship.

The NBA started this mess when they no longer allowed high school players to enter the NBA draft after Lebron's class. These phenoms have zero interest in a college degree and know they will never be there long enough to come close to one. They want to play ball and they want to get paid, NOW. That's what this entire mess is about.

The NBA has proposed to their union that they allow 18-year-old players to once again enter the draft beginning in 2022.

Getting rid of these mercenaries disguised as student-athletes will go a long way in cleaning up a mess that greed started. It will also give guys like Calipari something to do besides recruit 10 freshmen every season. He might even win another championship.

Ok, they have taken notice I guess. Really the one and done just protects NBA talent evaluators and organizations from missing on a prospect (financial risk). The NBPA values it because it protects their voting members' jobs.

It highly benefits the NCAA. The elimination of the one and done will likely result in an erosion of earnings at the collegiate level as it has in the past. But I'm not against it as it is unfair to the players.

I hope all the blue bloods that are paying these 5 star kids 2ook plus to come pay for them get struck down and their coaches banned. I live in NC...have for 30 years now...married into a UNC family and actually pull for the heels when not playing UT... that said...let em burn
All of em

You guys think Barnes allows his players to get paid to play at UT?

Hell no. Not for a second . We still had a final four quality team last year...though it was our best in 30 or 40 years. Let's level the playing field. No more bagmen...

Then we will see who can coach and recruit. No more buying championships

Remove all the players at Duke UNC UK. Ku...etc...who beats UT last year? How many teams could have beat us last year?

How does it feel that we have SWEPT kentucky and won what? 3 of the last 4...and they have NBA players saying they know for a FACT that UK has paid players hundreds of thousands of dollars each??? Hahahahahah

Reactions: 508mikey
I think it's obvious from the wording of the allegations and FBI report that the NCAA wants these rogue HCs gone from their teams. So far the universities are hanging on to these guys like their kinfolk. Pearl has stonewalled his entire barner BOT, including his AD, and lived to tell about it. So Far. LSU is so starving for basketball success they wouldn't mind being in bed with Jack the Ripper as long as it gets them where they want to go. I think the NCAA is going to make these Universities pay for not being more pro-active about cleaning-house, even with all the FBI tapes and transcripts.

One down and 5 to go.
Pearl learned from his UT experience

It would happen less without the NBA rule, but the NBA has done absolutely nothing unethical. The players and programs are responsible for their own actions, so let's not make a scapegoat of the NBA. College players were getting paid when HS players could jump straight to the NBA.

It would happen less without the NBA rule, but the NBA has done absolutely nothing unethical. The players and programs are responsible for their own actions, so let's not make a scapegoat of the NBA. College players were getting paid when HS players could jump straight to the NBA.

Life is relative. We are reasonably discussing getting the most egregious offenders out of the way. Everyone else's feelings and opinions about how much student-athletes, of all sports, get paid under the table can continue as normal.

VN Store

Back