Butthurt Bama Fan on UT Recruiting

Well, they think every recruit wants to sign with them above everyone else. It offends them that any recruit for any reason would choose UT over them. They think it is their birth right to have what they want. Bama fans probably thought of Nico as the back up to Manning. Now they have to face the real possibility of getting neither.
Exactly. They cry when they don’t. I don’t think they’re going to get Manning either. Maybe this is the ending of Georgia and Bama getting all of the 5* recruits, and it starts spreading out more. I’d love to get a group of good players around our new quarterback. We do have some good players now, but we can eventually get better players beyond 2023.

Reactions: norrislakevol
Exactly. They cry when they don’t. I don’t think they’re going to get Manning either. Maybe this is the ending of Georgia and Bama getting all of the 5* recruits, and it starts spreading out more. I’d love to get a group of good players around our new quarterback. We do have some good players now, but we can eventually get better players beyond 2023.
Two classes. This is like a start up business. Spyre is going to want to see a return. Like any new concept start up business... they're on a clock. They need success or will go under for a lack of cash flow.

So the "team" of UT, Spyre, and Vol fans/supporters need to land two consecutive top 5 classes (as I think this one has a great chance to be). Do that and you start winning... and NIL through Spyre becomes self-funding and self-perpetuating. As long as the Vols get wins, they will never miss a player because of NIL.

Sidenote: The guys who started Spyre have a really good chance of getting filthy rich in this business. I'm rooting for them.

I am sensing a lot of sour grapes/bitching in other sports boards from other fans about Tennessee's NIL win this week.

A classic example is here: Alabama Football: Tennessee Vols now No. 1 – in buying players

I find that article hilarious when Alabama was just bragging last year about how Bryce Young is going to make $ 1 Million per year.

Apparently, we were ahead of the game now with the NIL and it has the other schools scratching their head.

Two classes. This is like a start up business. Spyre is going to want to see a return. Like any new concept start up business... they're on a clock. They need success or will go under for a lack of cash flow.

So the "team" of UT, Spyre, and Vol fans/supporters need to land two consecutive top 5 classes (as I think this one has a great chance to be). Do that and you start winning... and NIL through Spyre becomes self-funding and self-perpetuating. As long as the Vols get wins, they will never miss a player because of NIL.

Sidenote: The guys who started Spyre have a really good chance of getting filthy rich in this business. I'm rooting for them.

Here's the deal with Spyre though... their business model seems to be that they take in enough money to cover the nut through donations and then they can still get returns on the players through marketing deals.

Here's the deal with Spyre though... their business model seems to be that they take in enough money to cover the nut through donations and then they can still get returns on the players through marketing deals.
Yeah. I think it is pretty brilliant honestly. Their start up funds are largely donations. But those will dry up too if they don't get results.

Reactions: norrislakevol
Two thoughts:
1. Where is the resident Bama backer at in this thread? I'm seriously curious about @bamawriter opinion on this article.
2. The only thing that could be possibly dumber and more ironic and idiotic than this article is if OJ wrote a piece criticizing someone else for murder. Or Tom Brady and Belichek criticizing another team for cheating.

Two thoughts:
1. Where is the resident Bama backer at in this thread? I'm seriously curious about @bamawriter opinion on this article.
2. The only thing that could be possibly dumber and more ironic and idiotic than this article is if OJ wrote a piece criticizing someone else for murder. Or Tom Brady and Belichek criticizing another team for cheating.

100% positive The Scribe won't show up.........

Two thoughts:
I imagine it’s something to the tune of look guys one of my team’s fans is an idiot. Also probably notes that it’s interesting what Tennessee was able to offer if contract is true.

Reactions: PandamoniumReigns
Two thoughts:

Haven't read it. I hadn't even seen this thread until you @'d me. Since you asked for my opinion I clicked the link in the OP, saw that it was from Bamahammer, and decided not to waste my time.

Reactions: PandamoniumReigns
This just made my day.

It oozes with irony and how butthurt this Bama fan is about UT landing our 5 star.

I hope he’s right and we are “#1 in buying (paying) players”. What a beautiful day. GBO

Alabama Football: Tennessee Vols now No. 1 - in buying players

Adapt to the battle field or die. American generals in WWI hated the thought of snipers in their ranks because it wasn't "manly" and they preferred face to face combat. Of course, their tune changed quickly when German snipers kept killing them off.

I hope Bama and Georgia keep this fake righteousness going until it kills them.

Reactions: Elhanan
Alabama was just bragging about how much Bryce Young was making last year so the irony is so stupid.

We one up them and paid our QB more and they cannot stand it.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Reactions: Elhanan
Adapt to the battle field or die. American generals in WWI hated the thought of snipers in their ranks because it wasn't "manly" and they preferred face to face combat. Of course, their tune changed quickly when German snipers kept killing them off.

I hope Bama and Georgia keep this fake righteousness going until it kills them.
Pretty sure you're thinking about British generals.

American generals, led by Black Jack Pershing himself, had no problem with snipers (or sharpshooters, as they were more commonly called back then). In fact, a sharpshooter named Herman Davis was one of Pershing's favorite soldiers.

Heck, Alvin York, the most renowned American soldier of the First World War (and a good Tennessee lad), was known as a fine distance shooter.

'That’s jest a good shootin’ distance': Five American Snipers of the Great War | Historynet

6 American Heroes of WWI

Their expected returns should be part of the cut from the donated money they use to pay the NIL deals.

If they distract the players from improving their football skills, they are doing it wrong. I don’t want our donors expecting meet and greets or anything other than Championship Football.

Haven't read it. I hadn't even seen this thread until you @'d me. Since you asked for my opinion I clicked the link in the OP, saw that it was from Bamahammer, and decided not to waste my time.
Is that just another way of saying "no comment"?

VN Store

Back