Butch Jones should never coach again!!!

I think it is Mykelle McDaniel (

Basically, Butch made him play for a while with a torn meniscus and told him not to have surgery. He does end up having surgery and returns three weeks later. Butch harasses him about wearing a non-contact jersey in practice. Mykelle takes off the jersey and, supposedly, the entire OL jump him at practice and beat him. Butch and other coaches watched the beating and did nothing to stop it. He got suspended at some point towards the end of the season and misses the bowl game. Butch made him cut his hair and do some other things to get back on the team. He then tore his ACL and Butch revoked his scholarship.
Maybe if his injuries were do to tripping over a helmet he might have kept his scholarship :rolleyes:

Why would players beat on a guy for having a torn miniscus repaired?
I knew someone who was ostracized by his HS coach after having a major knee surgery in the years before "scopes". The twisted logic is that it makes others think twice before claiming to be injured. In reality, it isn't needed if a coach shares trust with his team.

Reactions: Vol Main
Talking about the kid. That’s the most lucid I’ve ever seen him. This “gang of players” yarn is bs. That has a way of coming out. And his original tale of getting retribution because he dominated Trey Smith shows how ungrounded he is. As previously stated, no lawyer worth a crap would allow him in front of another lawyer. There’s a reason this is an “exclusive” on YouTube.

I hope you are right my friend. One thing we can agree on is we are glad butchie boy is gone!

I don`t understand why everyone is down on Butch Jones. He tried but didn't quite get it done. So what. He was not the first.
We went after him and offered him big bucks, win or lose. That was not his fault, it was ours.
I say leave the man alone.

Oh yea. Butch is a true POS. It's not just blind hate because he was a thin skinned pansy and terrible coach. There is an abundance of evidence out there that proves he is a straight-up liar and terrible human being. People like to say "oh, he worked hard and wanted to succeed".. so did Hitler, that don't mean shat. Butch should never be a leader of young men again.

Disagree, boy butch should HAVE NEVER BEEN HIRED TO BE A LEADER OF YOUNG MEN-he was a crap coach, and was never a leader-but we paid him as if he was Great, sad.

Reactions: Volank
Makes 35 K a year- not worth driving to Bama.
You have failed to mention the Millions Of Tennessee Dollars we pay him each year-he left with a $$$8,200,000.00 buy out!!! Not bad for a piss-poor coach, let us not forget we paid old Dooley 5 million Tennessee Dollars to leave. Hell, 35,000 doesn't pay his bar bill, we're taking care of the heavy lifting.

Last edited:
I don`t understand why everyone is down on Butch Jones. He tried but didn't quite get it done. So what. He was not the first.
We went after him and offered him big bucks, win or lose. That was not his fault, it was ours.
I say leave the man alone.

I was glad he was gone when he left, but I didn’t have a visceral dislike for the man.

But after he came back to Knoxville and smoked a celebratory cigar in the rubble of his making I had a change of heart.

It also grinds my ass that he took what is essentially an unpaid internship with a cross conference rival that we have to find. A real man would move on and find meaningful work in a lower conference. Or an assistant job. He’s got no shame.

I’ve conclused Butch Jones is a turd.

VN Store

Back