Butch Jones receives high praise from Saban

Gotta admit, if he leaves the Saban Dip and falls flat on his face at another P5 school, the schadenfreude will be overwhelming for me.

Just sayin'.

I don't think Butch is going to take any job that pays anything while is still getting paid big bucks by Tennessee. He takes a real coaching job, bye bye buyout. Expect him to look for a job after this season.

My understanding is that he wouldnt lose the buyout. The buyout amount from Tennessee would just be decreased by the amount of whatever his salary is.

When his last payment is made in Feb 2021 UT would have paid him around $267,000.00 per month since he was fired November 2017.

Wish I was that dumb.:)
I don't see how he lives on so little. I couldn't pay my credit card bill with that
👎

When his last payment is made in Feb 2021 UT would have paid him around $267,000.00 per month since he was fired November 2017.

Wish I was that dumb.:)
267K a month...I wouldn't get off my barstool for that amount...HAHAHAHA

Seriously though, is there ANY way and average guy can get a golden parachute packed for him by the UTAD ????

My understanding is that he wouldnt lose the buyout. The buyout amount from Tennessee would just be decreased by the amount of whatever his salary is.
I thought if he made over a certain amount then he lost the buy out, I could be wrong.

I don't think Butch is going to take any job that pays anything while is still getting paid big bucks by Tennessee. He takes a real coaching job, bye bye buyout. Expect him to look for a job after this season.
Vanderbilt will have a HC opening waiting for him

Man I was just thinking about how weird of a guy butch really is. The guy has been a “special assistant” to Saban for over 3 years now. A guy that’s been a head coach for over 10 years and made somewhere around 50 million dollars (between salary and endorsements) is basically running errands for a coach. That’s what a ga does. How dumb is this dude seriously? Other former head coaches that join Saban’s staff come in as coordinators. Then there’s Butch. Picking up coach’s dry cleaning.
He is just one step above the guy that carries the cup of gatorade around and follows Saban up and down the sideline. If that guy gets sick, Jones will get demoted to that job.

The guy that carries the water/gatorade for Saban make $150K/year. Does CJP need someone to carry around his water cup?

Reactions: chattavol420
You have to hand it to saban on this one. Poached and experienced coach to use and all sorts of roles and basically doesn't have to pay him. On top of that he gets to stick it to his number two rival for 3 years of financial punishment while doing so. Then, if he wants to promote the guy next year he can, or has already released him in a setup deal to begin with.

As bad as it chaps me to say it or think it, he's knocking it out of the park on this deal.

Then why does Saban pay him less than a school teacher.
Saban says...
200.gif

VN Store

Back