Butch Jones Follies

It is ironic... that you don't realize what you just did there.

Get over others not "getting over" Jones to the degree YOU think they should. Again, don't like a topic... don't open it. Why aggravate yourself unnecessarily or make yourself an aggravation to others by playing hall monitor.

Jones is gone but his impact on UT is still going. It is part of what Heupel has to overcome. Jones was a terrible hire. Even a half way competent coach that had those first couple of classes fall into their lap could have reestablished the program. Instead, Jones proved capable of squandering more talent than Mark Richt. Nothing but a used car salesman with nothing under the hood.
And same goes for you. If you don't like a post then why go to the lengths you just did in typing an even longer response?

Coastal 303 yards , Arkansas St 61 yards at the half. 24-0.

Saw Butch's son Adam dropped a ball right to him. I'm guessing Dad told him, "good try!" Poor kid!

Hoping CC holds them scoreless in the 2nd half, Opening of 2nd half and soon to be 31-0

Last edited:
Feels kind of dirty to make fun of him after that injury. Hard to refocus and get back to football after something like that happens.

Thursday night game. I am almost petty enough to think we should have gotten a gang of Tennessee fans together wearing Orange, take the short drive to Jonesboro and sit as a group in the stands and Heckled Butch

Reactions: walkenvol
Are you saying Dooley and Pruitt should never celebrate a win if they are part of a team in the future that Tennessee considers a rival? That’s pretty dumb

Not if it’s kids he visited their homes as a guest, befriended their families, persuaded their parents to trust him with their son, no, you don’t celebrate their losing less than 12 months later. Jones should have handled it more discreetly but that’s my opinion.

Dooley should celebrate any win that ******* is provided. Pruitt is lower class than Jones. I’d expect him to give a scouting report & celebrate injuries of his former players.

Why did he go for 2 right there? To get the score within 2 touchdowns and a field goal? Versus 3 touchdowns? Seems like jumping the gun.

He could repair his image by simply by being a decent person he doesent needs Saban to do har
Yeah, the first thing people want in a coach is for him to be a decent person.....

Tell me, how friendly is Saban?

People want success from a coach. If you want to become successful through osmosis Saban is the option. I have very little faith Butch is any better of a coach now than he was pre Saban, but there is some mysticism that rubs off from the little guy. There is a litany of coaches who have turned stints with Saban into good jobs they probably arent qualified for.

Not if it’s kids he visited their homes as a guest, befriended their families, persuaded their parents to trust him with their son, no, you don’t celebrate their losing less than 12 months later. Jones should have handled it more discreetly but that’s my opinion.

Dooley should celebrate any win that ******* is provided. Pruitt is lower class than Jones. I’d expect him to give a scouting report & celebrate injuries of his former players.
Someone else took that photo of them, in the locker room.

Yeah, the first thing people want in a coach is for him to be a decent person.....

Tell me, how friendly is Saban?

People want success from a coach. If you want to become successful through osmosis Saban is the option. I have very little faith Butch is any better of a coach now than he was pre Saban, but there is some mysticism that rubs off from the little guy. There is a litany of coaches who have turned stints with Saban into good jobs they probably arent qualified for.

By decent person he could actually be truthful to his recruits and players
Do I think Saban is 100% truthful all the time absolutely not but id bet a nice wager that hes more honest than Jones 99% of the time.

Saban have high praise to Dooley and not a peep about Jones.

Reactions: walkenvol
You found it. Ill be sure to let the press know.
I dont like the guy either. Plenty of real things to hate on him for. Dont get angry at me that you had to make up an easily refutable argument to get your jollies to hate on a guy who is two coaches removed from the present day.

I dont like the guy either. Plenty of real things to hate on him for. Dont get angry at me that you had to make up an easily refutable argument to get your jollies to hate on a guy who is two coaches removed from the present day.

I have several reasons to not like the guy and it wouldnt matter if hes 10 years removed from Tennessee the things he did to the program will never be forgiven.
Im not mad at your lol

Reactions: OrangeAllDay
Thursday night game. I am almost petty enough to think we should have gotten a gang of Tennessee fans together wearing Orange, take the short drive to Jonesboro and sit as a group in the stands and Heckled Butch
Would have been just another embarrassment for the fan base.

VN Store

Back