Butch Jones could be future Alabama OC

I will say... I did laugh when he hired Kiffen and also Locksley...

Lyle was only an OC something like 3 years, and that was over 15 years ago I think.

Saban isn't that powerful, is he? 🤔😯

I remember similar comments when Kiffin was made OC. They didn’t miss much of a beat. Numerous coordinators and assistants have come and gone from there, and this might be their best team yet.

Saban is not an idiot I'd bet money he'd never do that. Saban just hired him so he could bleed us financially, the man will seek out any advantage and exploit it. That's why he's so good at what he does

Reactions: Alto1
That would be truly epic. Mostly because Saban is a control freak and Lyle refuses to move away from “his” system no matter how horrible it is failing.
Saban thought Kiffin was bad to work with, wait til he has to deal with an idiot that refuses to fix something no matter how broken it is. At least Lane adapted to the players he had. Lyles only chance is the fact that Bama has so much more talent that his crap system may not look as bad. But eventually Saban will boot him for trying to coach the talent out of the players when he tries to fit square peg players into his round hole system.

Let Lyle tear it down brick by brick. Unfortunately Saban is anything but stupid.

“If and when Locksley gets a head coaching job, I would not be surprised if Butch Jones becomes the future offensive coordinator (at Alabama)."

Jones could move up the ranks like Locklsey did at Alabama as an analyst in two years.

Butch Jones' future could be bright under Saban

Saban may be many things but he's neither stupid nor insane. Meanwhile, Elsa hit it again. Louder this time as some folks still don't hear you.

Last edited:
Farmer Fran could coach that unit to 40+ a game.
Yea and I'm beside myself here reading this thread. Unbelievable.

How many times have you read on VN alone how smart Saban is, how he is a football genius, the best college football coach ever.....Saban could make anyone look good.

Saban would never make anyone his OC if he didn't think he would be good at.

Am I missing a joke somewhere?

Do some of you really believe the coordinator at Bama matters?
alot of other teams/schools do - why else do they all get better jobs, whether they are buffoons like Sunseri or not -- Some get lucky, some get fools gold . Arthur Blank was duped into hiring Sark another former Alabama intern -- the list is long --- there is a reason Jones is there wait and see

Last edited:
Y'all keep wishing that and next year Lyle's offense will put up 700 yards on us and you'll be calling for Pruitt's head.
When all the fire Butch stuff started say last September everyone was saying nobody will hire him. I came out and said that Saban would and bring him up like any of his "analysts" and got roasted. Now here we are. I see please let it happen over and over and the last thing we want is to play a Butch ran offense with Alabama players.

We can only hope that happens.

If Saban starts drawing Xs and Os on the board, Butch will start playing Tic Tac Toe.

Butch has the brick by brick down pat. Bama seems to have a well structured base. Just think of the massive structure Butch can build for all the Bama fans to visit and pay homage.

“If and when Locksley gets a head coaching job, I would not be surprised if Butch Jones becomes the future offensive coordinator (at Alabama)."

Jones could move up the ranks like Locklsey did at Alabama as an analyst in two years.

Butch Jones' future could be bright under Saban

Amazing how much of a downgrade Saban has taken at OC since Kiffin.

Drunk Sark for the Natty
Random Daboll for last season
Locksley who hasn't had a track record of being successful (Tua saved him)
Then to think Butch Jones could run Bama's offense.

I guess that means UT would have a chance against Bama with Butch at the helm. Would love to see those ass chewings on the sidelines between them two.

Reactions: tbh

VN Store

Back