Butch didn't make the cut at alabama

wmcovol

Saban has chosen to keep Butch Jones as the highest paid "gopher" in college football.

Saban has chosen to keep Butch Jones as the highest paid "gopher" in college football.

Butch did a really good job helping to close this recruiting class after Locksley turned his attention to Maryland.

So, rest assured that UT's investment is paying off for Bama.

Butch did a really good job helping to close this recruiting class after Locksley turned his attention to Maryland.

Lol, anybody can recruit to Bama.

He’s got to have some sort of Public recognition for being a piss poor coach right?

For those who may wonder, this is the Bama staff for 2019

Offense
  • Steve Sarkisian -- Offensive coordinator/quarterbacks
  • Charles Huff -- Associate head coach/running backs
  • Holmon Wiggins -- Wide receivers
  • Kyle Flood -- Offensive line
  • Jeff Banks -- Tight ends/special teams coordinator
Defense
  • Pete Golding -- Defensive coordinator/inside linebackers
  • Brian Baker -- Associate head coach/defensive line
  • Charles Kelly -- Associate defensive coordinator/safeties
  • Sal Sunseri -- Outside linebackers
  • Karl Scott -- Cornerbacks

He's a pos for not taking a coaching position somewhere. Milking the Tennessee payout and milking Sabans sac

This article says he’s going to be the “senior analyst.” I guess he has a little bit more to learn. Cant’t really blame him. He’s going to milk Tennessee for as long as he can. Saban gets cheap labor.

Nick Saban announces seven new hires to Alabama staff

So bama could hire him as the lowest paid assistant at $200k, Jones is still getting his big money from UT less $200k. Saban hired others better evidently.

I guess he’s trying to waltz his way to a National Championship. No real responsibility while making HC money.

For those who may wonder, this is the Bama staff for 2019

Offense
  • Steve Sarkisian -- Offensive coordinator/quarterbacks
  • Charles Huff -- Associate head coach/running backs
  • Holmon Wiggins -- Wide receivers
  • Kyle Flood -- Offensive line
  • Jeff Banks -- Tight ends/special teams coordinator
Defense
  • Pete Golding -- Defensive coordinator/inside linebackers
  • Brian Baker -- Associate head coach/defensive line
  • Charles Kelly -- Associate defensive coordinator/safeties
  • Sal Sunseri -- Outside linebackers
  • Karl Scott -- Cornerbacks
That isn’t a staff that should scare anyone.

I thought he had a clause in contract that required him to pursue comparable work. Why isn’t this being enforced?
Ugh. Because all he has to do is float his name out there. Which he did. In droves. We play this game every offseason.

Reactions: Boca Vol
I thought he had a clause in contract that required him to pursue comparable work. Why isn’t this being enforced?

My guess is that as long as his agent sends his resume to open positions, the clause is satisfied. No contract can force someone to accept a position and its conceivable he hasn't been offered many positions.

Have any of our former players ever come out and publicly defended Butch or said anything remotely positive about him after he was fired? If anyone ever has i’m Guessing it would be Dobbs who would wish him best of luck or something because JD is a good guy and would take the high road approach.

Yeah Im sure that class falls completely apart if trumpet guy doesn't step up.

Be glad its essentially free. You ain't getting much if anything in return.

VN Store

Back