bUTch 0 assistants 2

Indianrick

Looks like Butch is 0 for 2 in assistant hires, looks like noone wants to work for UT's welfare child.

0-2? I mean he’s lost two assistants, one to South Alabama and the other to Texas, but he’s also already filled out half of his coaching staff.

Reactions: BUBear and FLVOL_79
This isn’t uncommon in the coaching profession. He’ll probably wind up getting Mike Bajakian to fill the spot.

Reactions: Remy
I hope they learned from us over the years and negotiated a school-friendly buyout.

It actually shows he is hiring coaches that are wanted. That wasn't happening near the end of his time at UT.

Butch seems busy, while all the while fulfilling the last weeks of his internship at Bama.

I posted yesterday (maybe the day prior) that CBJs biggest issue was inability to hire quality assistants (his horrific OC hire being a solid example). I think that was his biggest failure. If Janzek and DeBord had stuck around, I think we would’ve won the East.

I wonder if there i any friction between Jones and sark. Sark swooped in and stole a strong staffer a few days after butch signed him as OC. Could be some interesting offensive meetings with the bama staff this week. I agree with some others who posted already that butch seems to be going after stronger candidates this go around. Major Applwhite would have been a monster hire for butch at Arkansas State. Only reason Major isn’t OC at a power 5 is his loose judgement off the field a few years ago.

VN Store

Back