Things built, torn down and other projects.(Pictures)

Get a metal detector and run it around those sites and be sure to check under the structures.

I artifact hunt, but not with a detector. My brother does and he would spend hours sweeping places like this. Lots of stuff gets dropped over the years.

Reactions: buckfama
Know about this procedure being available but haven't done or seen it here. Which method do you prefer, this or the more traditional post set in a 2 foot hole filled with concrete? Is there an advantage of one over the other? Gonna assume the dirt you're diggin in is rocky?

Code here has gone to all concrete piers.
We are no longer allowed to just stick them in holes. Mostly because the new epa save pressure treated wood won’t hold up anymore. That’s why it has to be in a Brackett that keeps the wood 1 inch above the creet

Reactions: buckfama and Guest
Code here has gone to all concrete piers.
We are no longer allowed to just stick them in holes. Mostly because the new epa save pressure treated wood won’t hold up anymore. That’s why it has to be in a Brackett that keeps the wood 1 inch above the creet

But to answer your question.
I’ve been doing it this way before it was code.
Just makes a strong base.

What about code for fence posts? They gotta be set in a bracket on a concrete pillar too?

Movin a long on your deck. Probably helps having 2 strong young men & a architectural designer close by to keep you motivated

Fence posts can still be set in concrete as they’re not structural. Just make sure you buy posts that are rated for direct ground contact. Most pressure treated lumber is not. It will say on the tag stapled to the end of the board

I have a regular client who, without consulting me, built a carport. Sort of. I went buy to look at a different future project saw the carport and started laughing. After I was done I asked why he did it and he said he was getting a new bass boat. I told him he could not park a new boat under that. So....I tore it down and built this. It’s the only picture I have and it was taken before I finished. The point is the posts. Even on a carport it’s just the way to do things. E125DC56-87B4-4E0D-BB83-C79342A6AE35.jpeg

Rainy day so can't really work on anything outside today. Here is how I got started in the reclaiming business. I was building furniture from barn wood. Here are a few pics I made. I would say my style is primitive. I like lots of character and simple, clean lines. Eventually I'll build again when I get a shop.

FB_IMG_1549842559002.jpgIMG_20190210_190912_661.jpgIMG_20190210_190912_660.jpg

Rainy day so can't really work on anything outside today. Here is how I got started in the reclaiming business. I was building furniture from barn wood. Here are a few pics I made. I would say my style is primitive. I like lots of character and simple, clean lines. Eventually I'll build again when I get a shop.

View attachment 193819View attachment 193820View attachment 193821
My wife would covet the table pictured first and last, that's why I'm not showing it to her. :cool:

would it kill you to center the posts? *OCD intesifies*

looks like you are cheating on that stair post.

also please tell me there will be a landing or something built down at the bottom. you fudged up with that base and the edge of stairs.

there is also something funky going on with that beam in the foreground. something aint level there. can't tell if its the beam or the posts.

would it kill you to center the posts? *OCD intesifies*

looks like you are cheating on that stair post.

also please tell me there will be a landing or something built down at the bottom. you fudged up with that base and the edge of stairs.

there is also something funky going on with that beam in the foreground. something aint level there. can't tell if its the beam or the posts.

It’s all square and level. We pull strings and use levels for that reason.

I always pour a concrete step at the bottom. Finishing stairs on dirt is bullshiz

VN Store

Back