Bubble Watch !

Unfortunately I agree, we are on the outside looking in unless we win the rest of our games aside from MSST and make a deep SEC tournament run, like to the final. I think if we win out and lose to MSST we still have a chance of being in the field.

Though that means beating a couple of tough teams in Texas A&M and a much improved SC team after a rough start. Not to mention rematches with both Missouri and Auburn, we couldn't beat MIZZOU on our home floor, I don't like our chances in their gym with home cooked officials. Auburn will be more confident after having seen us lose so many games in a row. Not going to be an easy row to hoe.
5 and 4 Tops for this miserly coach program. Not going to happen!

I don't even see how they are on the bubble at this point. IMO they should be outside looking in. The LV's lost 6 in a row, and not all were very good teams.

One of the advantages of being in a Power 5 conference, you don't have to win your regular season or conference tournament and you can still get a good seed and make a tournament run.

One of the advantages of being in a Power 5 conference, you don't have to win your regular season or conference tournament and you can still get a good seed and make a tournament run.

True, but they are 2-5 in conference play and you can likely tack on at least 2 more losses if they play like they have been before the LSU game. I'm not sure that good seed will happen, any seed at all would be fortunate.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
If Tennessee finishes with a winning record, I say they sneak into the tourney. Money talks and the Lady Vols, even in a bad year, will bring in more fans than most teams.

The tournament committee would be doing the university a favor by not letting them in. Maybe that would hasten the end of this clown show.

Reactions: T.J.
The tournament committee would be doing the university a favor by not letting them in. Maybe that would hasten the end of this clown show.
My gut feeling is we go 4-5 the remainder of the season and win one in the Sec tourney and finish 18-12.

They need to watch out for Auburn right now to make sure they don't overtake them.
If we are the last 4 in how are we an 11 seed?
If we lose to ole miss, auburn or vandy we should get an automatic no bid.

Question about Carter from A&M. How do you defend her - switch different bodies on her - box and 1?

Just look at the next 2 games and watch that bubble burst- Im afraid Bulldogs will chew em up and then Cunningham will be next with her sharp elbows and dirty play

Reactions: JustaChicken
The Lady Vols got a break with a very advantageous home & away draw.
We got Vandy twice - for 2 automatic wins
Auburn twice - and we already won at Auburn
and Missouri Twice - which should be easy (they are losing to LSU tonight) but MO won here by 2
We now stand at 4 and 5 in SEC play
Most likely we will lose @Miss State, @ Texas A&M and to South Carolina at home = 4 w and 8 losses
We have to beat Auburn at home, Vandy at home and
Ol Miss and Missouri on the road to end with a .500 SEC record
I don't see us making it. I hope we can win 3 of Auburn, Vandy, Ol Miss and Missouri - we should
That will put us tied for like 9th in the SEC playing one of the top 2 seeds if we can win in round one of the Tourney *not a given
Given our cupcake schedule - aside from TX, Stanford, & ND in out of conference play it would be tough to justify an NCAAT berth.

Just imagine what where we would be if we played Ms State & A&M twice instead of Vandy & Auburn
According to Creme Auburn may be playing us for that 11 seed berth since Auburn is in the first 4 out group

Last edited:

VN Store

Back