BTO’s South Carolina postgame report

Tonight, iirc, he scored Shows 13 against TN and 9 in favor of TN. First half he was very biased against TN with his whistle. 9-4 against TN. 2nd half actually 5-4 in TN's favor. Almost every TN game he's called his totals have favored the opponent.

He also cited how frequently he calls fouls on Grant.

Lots of missed calls as well.
You can bet your bottom dollar that if the game was not decided pretty early in the the second half, that 5-4 in favor of UT would have been different.

That’s not what he just said on radio. Said he had no idea what’s going on and that it was a last minute decision.
In the back of my mind is a little itch reminding me of some tough breaks Barnes teams have had with injuries.
Punters hurt a potential NIT bid
Hubbs shoulder most of senior year
Alexander last year
Please please please basketball deities, I ask you, no beg! You to let this team be healthy for the year to see what they can accomplish.
Come back soon JBow!

That’s not what he just said on radio. Said he had no idea what’s going on and that it was a last minute decision.
In the back of my mind is a little itch reminding me of some tough breaks Barnes teams have had with injuries.
Punters hurt a potential NIT bid
Hubbs shoulder most of senior year
Alexander last year
Please please please basketball deities, I ask you, no beg! You to let this team be healthy for the year to see what they can accomplish.
Come back soon JBow!
It sounded like he was fine.

Reactions: aWhiteLoftonChism
I rarely mention it and chalk it up to rooting bias, but we know that GW draws a ton of fouls each game, yet tonight he didn’t get hardly any calls and seemingly anytime anyone got near Silva there was a call. In their defense if they didn’t call it that way we may have won by 30, so maybe they were trying to keep it competitive.
Refs blew whistle everytime Vol defender was within arms length Silva, he is good player and think he got tired shooting from ft line he was there a lot. I don't remember
GW having and 1 bucket entire game he may have. He was hammered all night under basket just kept playing his game, I can't think any player that scores thru contact
better than GW...…..Go Vols

I figured this to be one of our better teams, but not even in my wildest dreams did I expect this. Yes, we have a lot of basketball left to play, but this team is a pure joy to watch. Might be a while until we see another group like this wearing orange. I, for one, will savor every second of every game.

When Fulk first entered, 1st offensive possession iirc, he's setting a pick at the high post and USC basically punches him in the gut. Literally shoved him out of the way. While TN was called for 5 fouls in the first 3.5 minutes. Refs wear me out every season. By February I'm always tired of watching basketball because they influence games so much.

I was really worried about this game. My problem is I can't believe just how good this team is. It's amazing to watch them play and realize those are our boys and our team!!! I couldn't be more proud of the job and effort they give every game. It's so hard to be this consistent, but because they have so many weapons anyone can step up at any time!!! Keep it rolling boys, We love our Big Orange!!!!

I thought your point on Bone was good. He set the tone early, and was the catalyst for a terrific offensive performance.

Reactions: RavinDave
Anyone else watching the game on tv notice when walker missed his second free throw in a row, the announcer said YESSSSSSSS!!!!! ?? Seriously

We really need Walker, but his free throw shooting. Dam. Just dam. He needs to take 1,000 per day. I can't think of any TN player ever looking so uncomfortable at the stripe. He can not be on the floor late if we're protecting a lead.

Reactions: i2amavol
Nice write up!!

Great game tonight on what could have been a trap game!!

Also, Kentuck will foul Williams 87 Times and the dam refs will call 3 fouls?!?! JMO!

QIua.gif
I'm sick of a lot of SEC officiating. Just call it the same for both teams regardless of where the game is being played. It isn't that hard to do.

Reactions: crnanancy
When Fulk first entered, 1st offensive possession iirc, he's setting a pick at the high post and USC basically punches him in the gut. Literally shoved him out of the way. While TN was called for 5 fouls in the first 3.5 minutes. Refs wear me out every season. By February I'm always tired of watching basketball because they influence games so much.

Man I feel the same way. Bad calls can easily add up to 4-5 points a game and margin of victory is commonly below that. Maybe thats why make up calls are obviously a thing.

In the long run it will average out, assuming no bias, but to have a game called like this in the tournament...no thanks

VN Store

Back