BTO’s Georgia postgame report

I’m not sure I ever predicted 5 more losses, I think I just said that those saying no running the table or 1-2 losses was pretty lofty expectations when analaytics were saying 5 losses. The road is no joke in conference play, just ask UK...I have a hard time thinking we don’t slip up or have a bad game or 2, has any team ever gone through a whole year without a couple bad games?
TeamRankings just upgraded us to 26-5.

I know the stats bare it out with all the assist we average etc..

But holy cow, the entire team is packed with great passers.

Bone has that signature move interior pass where he gets low and puts some spin on it (and Williams uses he giant rump to make room). That looks like a well practiced play.

You’ve got guys like Kyle and Grant grabbing rebounds, looking up and throwing TD passes. We’ve gotta lead the nation in those.

Bowden has made some nifty passes and he had a nice no look in this game.

This year I’ve also seen Walker drop multiple passes because he just wasn’t ready or expecting to get the ball in the spot he was in. The passes are that good.

Then speculate instead of presenting something as fact so that you look like an insider. And I’d appreciate never being told to move along again.

Like I said when I bring recruiting info or other nuggets people love it and wanna hear more, I share what I’ve heard that honestly isn’t that big of a negative and people wanna complain about it and say I shouldn’t speculate. I never speculated what happened or that it was something huge, suspensions happen in CBB and given the lack of them under Barnes and that these are 18-22 year old kids they do make mistakes and slip-ups happen, not nearly as big of an issue as you’re trying to make it sound.

Reactions: walkenvol
Fabricating a negative rumor about an injured player who has given his all was a real shitbird thing to do. Hopefully others have learned to not slurp.
Slurp. Me and him fights sometimes, but I still enjoy reading his stuff. Usually won't find anything that's not factual either. I know. I've tried to one up em several times. And he wasn't fabricating anything. Maybe reading more into what he heard. That ain't no crime. Sure hain't sitbird.

Calm down folks it's just a win Over Georgia.this team has potential but inconstant guard play will cost them at some point. they have accomplished nothing other than beating a number one team and anyone can do that any given Saturday

Get excited folks as we just witnessed a historic win over Georgia from a team which has shown amazing potential to possibly achieve the greatest season in UT history.

There...fixed it for you.

Reactions: VolDave53
Calm down folks it's just a win Over Georgia.this team has potential but inconstant guard play will cost them at some point. they have accomplished nothing other than beating a number one team and anyone can do that any given Saturday

I got a laugh......

Also I love that we wore the throwbacks again. I really hope they are just made the regular home uniform, as long as they make an orange version too.
Yes. I love the throwbacks too. Back in the 70's they said they were technically illegally. Apparently you couldn't have both the name of the university and the team on the jersey. It had to do with the ability of the refs to identify the number of a player who fouled. However, we continued to wear them!

Yes. I love the throwbacks too. Back in the 70's they said they were technically illegally. Apparently you couldn't have both the name of the university and the team on the jersey. It had to do with the ability of the refs to identify the number of a player who fouled. However, we continued to wear them!

"Tennessee Volunteers" was grandfathered in until Kevin O'Neil (jerk!) changed the uniform. After that, only "Oklahoma Sooners" was grandfathered. Everybody else had either the school name OR the nickname on their uniforms.

"Tennessee Volunteers" was grandfathered in until Kevin O'Neil (jerk!) changed the uniform. After that, only "Oklahoma Sooners" was grandfathered. Everybody else had either the school name OR the nickname on their uniforms.
Can’t we put O’neil In the same bucket list as the other PC words which are unspeakable now?

Have not had many dry spells that plagued us last season, those 4 to 5 minute droughts that let teams back in it. That is a good sign. They can win on defense or offense and will be tough to beat from this point forward.
A great observation, and those dry spells were hallmarks of CRB's first two years too. We'd build leads against ranked teams and squander them with agonizing cold spells like clockwork. Now teams change up their defense mid-game and we're unfazed by it. Guys know their role wrt anything they throw at us.

Go crawl back under your rock. No one wants you here.

I predict 5 or more losses yes indeed. I stick by what I said until proven wrong. I love the team but live in reality.

On to a positive note. Never seen a Vols team with so many players dialed in. You have the Admiral, Grant, Bone, Bowden all talking and keeping everyone up and not letting the other players lose sight of their responsibilities on the court. That in and of itself is huge in these games.

You do a fantastic job BTO and yes we will probably lose 5 if not more. Fla, Ala, Ky, Au, Mizzou, LSU, Texas A&M, Miss St. too many out there. Lots of people of all sorts on the boards. Hold your ground and call it the way you see it just like your end of game reports that we ALL enjoy. We may not agree on all things but we do on most. I have no problem with someone calling me out for saying I think we can lose 5 or 7 games. I'll be happy to just lose 5 or 7. This is a long season.

Reactions: VolsSportsFan

VN Store

Back