BTO’s Georgia postgame report

What I liked and think is important is the start of the game. Strong. Assertive. We went down low to Grant and he got two quick fouls on #34. Threw Georgia off and they were never the same.

Just because this needs in the postgame as well.

View attachment 187309

That was hilarious. We were sitting in that corner on the 3rd row. #34 sat up for 2-3 seconds with the most crazy looking face of WTH just hit me I've ever seen. He's a dang good looking player too. Really helped early when Grant drew 2 fouls on him in the 1st minute.

Lots of class by Jordan to come over and let him know it was just a play and not malicious. Love the culture our coach has brought. Minus the balled fists of course! 🤣

I don’t owe anyone anything, as always people can do what they want with info I share...it’s funny though that when I post positive things or recruiting info it’s gold, but the one “negative” thing and I’m FOS

Fabricating a negative rumor about an injured player who has given his all was a real shitbird thing to do. Hopefully others have learned to not slurp.

Calm down folks it's just a win Over Georgia.this team has potential but inconstant guard play will cost them at some point. they have accomplished nothing other than beating a number one team and anyone can do that any given Saturday

Sorry Dad. 😋

I’m not sure I ever predicted 5 more losses, I think I just said that those saying no running the table or 1-2 losses was pretty lofty expectations when analaytics were saying 5 losses. The road is no joke in conference play, just ask UK...I have a hard time thinking we don’t slip up or have a bad game or 2, has any team ever gone through a whole year without a couple bad games?

I predict 5 or more losses yes indeed. I stick by what I said until proven wrong. I love the team but live in reality.

On to a positive note. Never seen a Vols team with so many players dialed in. You have the Admiral, Grant, Bone, Bowden all talking and keeping everyone up and not letting the other players lose sight of their responsibilities on the court. That in and of itself is huge in these games.

I understand this. But someone made the program that calculates said statistical program. What I’m saying is that the program/algorithm/whatever had us ranked outside of the top ten before today, it is flawed

No, it’s just they way with statistics. They get to be more accurate predictors the more games you play. There just isn’t enough data for us (or the other teams) to get accurate predictions at this point. Give it another month and his model starts to really look good. It’s just super dependent on volume of data.

If we can get consistent play from the point guards like we did today, I really think we are a legit FF/championship caliber team. Too many weapons, suffocating defense. A lights-out outside shooter would be the only piece we might be lacking.... COME ON LT!

Reactions: spyfish007
Calm down folks it's just a win Over Georgia.this team has potential but inconstant guard play will cost them at some point. they have accomplished nothing other than beating a number one team and anyone can do that any given Saturday

12-1 is nothing? Try again dumbazz

Last edited:
I’m not sure I ever predicted 5 more losses, I think I just said that those saying no running the table or 1-2 losses was pretty lofty expectations when analaytics were saying 5 losses. The road is no joke in conference play, just ask UK...I have a hard time thinking we don’t slip up or have a bad game or 2, has any team ever gone through a whole year without a couple bad games?

You do a fantastic job BTO and yes we will probably lose 5 if not more. Fla, Ala, Ky, Au, Mizzou, LSU, Texas A&M, Miss St. too many out there. Lots of people of all sorts on the boards. Hold your ground and call it the way you see it just like your end of game reports that we ALL enjoy. We may not agree on all things but we do on most. I have no problem with someone calling me out for saying I think we can lose 5 or 7 games. I'll be happy to just lose 5 or 7. This is a long season.

Reactions: Lankykong

We’re genuinely sorry your mother didn’t love you but please go rain on someone else’s parade.

Troll.

I don’t think I’ve ever witnessed a team that tries to succeed on every possession like these guys do. They value the ball, they pass the ball, rarely too much dribbling, they take good shots and my teenager finally gets to enjoy a Ut sporting event

Have not had many dry spells that plagued us last season, those 4 to 5 minute droughts that let teams back in it. That is a good sign. They can win on defense or offense and will be tough to beat from this point forward.

EMPHATIC - the word from Andy Kennedy during the talking heads portion. Good word for this performance - most of what they did was EMPHATIC --particularly promising for Alexander's dunks and blocks. If he and Bowden can bottle and produce what they did vs GA we will be a tough out.

Anybody have a link to the UT/UGA game?

Can’t find it anywhere.

I predict 5 or more losses yes indeed. I stick by what I said until proven wrong. I love the team but live in reality.

On to a positive note. Never seen a Vols team with so many players dialed in. You have the Admiral, Grant, Bone, Bowden all talking and keeping everyone up and not letting the other players lose sight of their responsibilities on the court. That in and of itself is huge in these games.
How can anybody who has watched this team predict them to lose 5 conference games?

Fabricating a negative rumor about an injured player who has given his all was a real shitbird thing to do. Hopefully others have learned to not slurp.

Move along. Barnes made some weird, cryptic comments on Turner's status that opened the door for speculation.

Amazing effort to open SEC play.

Still amazed that this isn't rubbing off on Walker or Johnson. With no pressure Walker still looks lost on both ends of the court. Seems like a guy with his ability would be hitched to Admiral and Grant any time they are in the gym. Make no mistake, the results we are seeing is due to the individual work of Grant and Admiral and their love to be coached hard.

You do a fantastic job BTO and yes we will probably lose 5 if not more. Fla, Ala, Ky, Au, Mizzou, LSU, Texas A&M, Miss St. too many out there. Lots of people of all sorts on the boards. Hold your ground and call it the way you see it just like your end of game reports that we ALL enjoy. We may not agree on all things but we do on most. I have no problem with someone calling me out for saying I think we can lose 5 or 7 games. I'll be happy to just lose 5 or 7. This is a long season.

A&M is awful and Florida lost at home to SC yesterday. I'm not concerned about those two

VN Store

Back