BTO’s Auburn postgame report

NO, it wasn't a stupid statement--I meant EVERY WORD OF IT!

Good grief, folks--I'm not an expert in BB, but even I KNOW that NONE of the teams going into the DANCE are undefeated!!

Tenn has NEVER made it to the FF--UNLIKE Duke, NC, KY, etc...etc...etc... I NEVER brought them into the discussion--some dipstick did in a completely irrelevant manner because he ASSUMED that I meant something that I NEVER meant as a GENERALIZED, ALL-ENCOMPASSING, NCAA-WIDE BB TEAM STATEMENT. I made the statement in context about THIS YEAR'S TENNESSEE TEAM.

And Yes, I'm just a little pissed off that you guys twist my words to fit your own narrative--and then blame me for it.

But, that being said, the LAST 30 YEARS have taught us that regular season losses for teams like KY, Duke, NC, Mich. State, etc...etc... have very LITTLE to do with estimating their performance in THE DANCE.
That's CALLED TRADITION.....It's established from ACTUAL PERFORMANCE. They HAVE IT--WE DON'T--because they've BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT! WE HAVEN'T.
Those teams simply re-load year after year because they keep getting the best recruits BECAUSE OF THEIR ESTABLISHED TRADITION OF WINNING!

We cannot beat an unranked team on the road with a potential No 1 seed on the line--a team who lost TWICE to Ole Sis, and once to USCe.

I didn't expect this VOLS team to win out in the SEC, but did expect them to demonstrate some toughness and grit on the road as proof that they're FINALLY ready to
make the FF. I'm still looking for that evidence.

We're 3-4 against the better teams on our schedule.

I'll leave you all to yourselves.

No, you're pissed because you're getting called out for your stupid statement. And you keep piling on the stupid. You made that statement and now you're adding all kinds of BULL**** as qualifiers that there is no way in hades you were thinking when you made it. You were being typical edgy "tell it like it is" fan who comes in here after a loss.

As I said, own your L. Or keep making it worse, that's up to you.

And on the flipside, what are the records of those same teams against teams not currently ranked in the top-25? I can name two who are undefeated.

It almost feels like some of our fans would trade good wins over top 25 teams for bad losses to teams outside the top 25. Like they'd rather see us finish 20-11 and 6-2 against the top 25 than 27-4 and 3-4 against the top 25.

If we finish the season with 4 losses, and all 4 came to teams inside the top 25 of the final regular season poll, I call that a great year. Especially when we had some success against teams in that range as well.

Or it feels like some of our "fans" don't know what the hell they are talking about.

Reactions: cncchris33

VN Store

Back