BTO’s Auburn postgame report

The no call on basket interference resulting in a late 3-pointer was huge. Refs missed 2 calls on the same play. Basket interference AND since it was touched it should have been a 2 point tip in.

I think it clearly should have been a 2, but I don't think it cost us the game. Also, offensive interference is rarely called, really sort of hard to see with the angles and not reviewable, so not surprised at that. I thought on Schofield's 4th foul (block) that he had position and should have been a charge, but they did not replay it so we didn't get a second look. Overall, I though the refs were somewhat better this game than they have been in other recent games, didn't cost us the game. The main issue was our guys needed to defend the 3 better, take better care of the ball.

Reactions: Vols All Day
I think that the only thing that could be reviewed was whether or not the 3-point attempt was beyond the arc. They didn't call basket interference, nothing could be reversed.
I agree and disagree. You can review whether or not it was a 3. The guy that made the basket clearly wasn’t beyond the arc; he was right under the hoop. I think it could and should have been reviewed. If you’re not going to call the goaltend at least get the score right...

I think he is still having shoulder problems and maybe just not saying anything about it. Something is just not right.
If his shoulder is truly hurting him, he should know to stop jacking up threes. All he is doing is hurting the team by jacking threes. The threes he took today were out of the offense. If I’m coaching the other team, we might play Turner, like teams play Pons. Turner would likely jack up a bunch of shots because he felt like he was being challenged. Turners decisions this year have been borderline selfish. Turner needs to find another way to affect the game and let the offense come to him.

I think he is still having shoulder problems and maybe just not saying anything about it. Something is just not right.

Yes, his shot doesn’t have good rotation and his shooting motion seems off, like his release point is lower. I think his shoulder is still hurting.

Seriously? We just lost a game to an unranked opponent that cost us an SEC Championship and that's not a " bad loss". Who are you, Butch Jones?

Top 25 road losses aren't bad losses

Sorry but you can't have it both ways in those games where we only have a 10% chance to win because we are outmanned

Top 25 road losses aren't bad losses

Sorry but you can't have it both ways in those games where we only have a 10% chance to win because we are outmanned
10% chance?? Outmanned?? WTH are you talking about? AU better talent than UT?

The timing of this loss has everyone overreacting because what it cost us but no one would call this a "bad loss" if it had happened in late January. No logical person thinks a top 25 road loss is a bad one.

The timing of this loss has everyone overreacting because what it cost us but no one would call this a "bad loss" if it had happened in late January. No logical person thinks a top 25 road loss is a bad one.
Top 25? Don't think AU was in he Top 25 last week.

If his shoulder is truly hurting him, he should know to stop jacking up threes. All he is doing is hurting the team by jacking threes. The threes he took today were out of the offense. If I’m coaching the other team, we might play Turner, like teams play Pons. Turner would likely jack up a bunch of shots because he felt like he was being challenged. Turners decisions this year have been borderline selfish. Turner needs to find another way to affect the game and let the offense come to him.
I agree with you .

Blew a chance to win a championship today, what else defines a bad loss?

I would love to see what your response would be if Tennessee loses in the second round of the NCAAT. “Well, I know we lost to a 7 seed today but the committee and numbers say that is a quad 1 team we lost to so it’s not a bad loss.”

It’s disappointing because of what was on the line, but it’s hardly a bad loss, I figured you were intelligent enough to differentiate the two. There’s a reason the game opened as a pick em’ or that most analytic projection had it slightly in Auburn’s favor, but I guess we should just ignore all of that and say it was a bad loss?

I highly doubt you’re going to see Tennessee in a 2nd round game that is a pick em’, but let me know when that happens and I guess we can discuss it. This is CBB, losses during the season happen, especially on the road...again it was disappointing given what was on the line but I have a really hard time classifying that as a bad loss, especially considering Rick Barnes (here to collect a check) just finished off the best 2 year regular season run in program history...to each their own.

Seriously? We just lost a game to an unranked opponent that cost us an SEC Championship and that's not a " bad loss". Who are you, Butch Jones?
Disappointing sure, but no way is it considered a bad loss, unless you’re just an overly emotional Tennessee fan which we all know you fall under...you’ve claimed Barnes was on his way out the door more times than I can count and every time we lose blame our lack of talent, so not shocking you are also overly emotional about this loss.

Kind of stupid. We played UK twice and traded ass whippings, and only played Auburn and LSU at their places and lost one by 2 in OT and by 4 at Auburn.

Wouldn't one think that a FINAL FOUR caliber team would've found a way to win on the road?

Exactly. Thinks for validating my point I made about talent wins. Maybe a few 4 stars would have helped us yesterday.

And like a bad awful smelling Fart he's gone with the wind again.

I am sure he show up here after the next loss until he is shamed into realizing his 90% rule is one of if not the dumbest VN take ever

Blew a chance to win a championship today, what else defines a bad loss?

I would love to see what your response would be if Tennessee loses in the second round of the NCAAT. “Well, I know we lost to a 7 seed today but the committee and numbers say that is a quad 1 team we lost to so it’s not a bad loss.”
They will say something like that, you can count on it. In many’s eyes it it never ok to criticize, you should be happy with what you get no matter what it is.

Reactions: 1985Vols
They will say something like that, you can count on it. In many’s eyes it it never ok to criticize, you should be happy with what you get no matter what it is.

So should Tennessee have gone 29-2 this year? According to many we should’ve beaten LSU and definitely Auburn, so anything less than 29-2 means we had bad losses and disappointing?

Yeah, Duke sucks.

Duke is playing without their BEST player, sir.

And please explain to me HOW DUKE has anything to do with us losing 3 of our last 7 SEC games?

I just wonder how bad it would be if we would've lost Williams for the last 5 SEC games?

And being disappointed is the NORMAL response when a team with such good talent and high aspirations loses to a team they should line up and beat--isn't it?

I wonder what excuse will be acceptable if/when Miss. State brings their A-game to Nashville?

VN Store

Back