BTO’s Auburn’s SECT edition postgame report

I drove up for the game with my kid and the atmosphere pregame was great. I think we thought we had this one in the bag...especially in the 1st 5 minutes. TN hit a few shots--Auburn was cold-- then the team just went into a funk. Turnovers, Turnovers, Turnovers--and Auburn had some great looks at the basket and played good team defense. TN just didn't show up ready to play a good Auburn team. LT shot the ball well--but both him and Bone seemed bothered by Auburn's guards. Too many times we had entrance passes into the block that were either stolen or lost. It seemed like there was a lot of indecision on offense too. Auburn played great defense and we killed ourselves with turnovers-- so Auburn deserves the credit. Its just a shame to lose considering what these kids have meant to the fanbase. I know they've busted their tails off this season and I'm proud of them regardless. TN has just as good of a shot as anyone at the title and I hope the SEC represents well in this tournament. GBO.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
Drive to Mobile yesterday for work. Caught the halftime score and ill advisedly watched 5 mins on Hulu of 2nd half. Turned it off. Picked a great day too be busy.

I can't believe I haven't seen one mention of those at the game about the PA announcer. He had to be drunk

He called every single one of our guys as being a year younger when introducing the starting line up.

He called and the basket is good by "grant Hill"

He called Harper, "jerry Harper"

He called turner, "Lovonte Turner"

I am convinced he was drunk as hell
Heard the same thing. When he said " Grant Hill" I said I wish we had Grant Hil

I am going with Admiral was totally depleted from being sick and giving his all for Tennessee in the Kentucky game. So we essentially played without him for Auburn. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Last edited:
I am going with Admiral was totally depleted from being sick and giving his all for Tennessee in the Kentucky game. So we essentially played within him for Auburn. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

I spoke to two former D1 athletes (one was basketball and one was football) today who have no affiliation to UT. But they do follow D1 sports, and we are in the state of TN.

They both said that it was not surprising that we came out flat against Auburn. My guess they are speaking from experience, but they both said the emotions and everything from a game like the Kentucky game takes a lot out of you. Competitive, emotional, physical, etc. Just human nature, especially when you come back for an early tip the next day. They aren’t UT fans and were positive about our play.

VN Store

Back