Bryce Thompson will be a factor this season

VolBalla2014

I mean no disrespect but all of these articles from USAToday/Volswire read like a 5th grader’s essay titled “Why I like Tennessee football”. I’ve come across about ~20 articles over the last few months and have yet to read one that included something I didn’t know/ wasn’t common knowledge.

37620VOL

Barely-Known Member
This makes the third article I've read in the last few months addressing the CB position that completely omits any reference to Kenneth George. One of the others was an analysis of our 2 deep. How does a starter that played well last year not even make a discussion of our 2 deep by "writers" that presumably make a living off these articles? He started 6 games (UTC, UAB, UGA, SC, BAMA, MSU). The guys at 247 are the only ones that seem aware that he exists. Why no love for KG in the more broad Vol media?

DarkAvenger

This makes the third article I've read in the last few months addressing the CB position that completely omits any reference to Kenneth George. One of the others was an analysis of our 2 deep. How does a starter that played well last year not even make a discussion of our 2 deep by "writers" that presumably make a living off these articles? He started 6 games (UTC, UAB, UGA, SC, BAMA, MSU). The guys at 247 are the only ones that seem aware that he exists. Why no love for KG in the more broad Vol media?
Because AT, BT, and Shamburger drastically overshadowed him. KG is a serviceable db but so is Baylen. Lawrence is probably walking in already athletically better, and then there’s Warren Burrell that actually pushed Alontae and took his spot a few games. Honestly it’s the first time in a long time that we have had an embarrassment of wealth at the db position.

37620VOL

Barely-Known Member
Because AT, BT, and Shamburger drastically overshadowed him. KG is a serviceable db but so is Baylen. Lawrence is probably walking in already athletically better, and then there’s Warren Burrell that actually pushed Alontae and took his spot a few games. Honestly it’s the first time in a long time that we have had an embarrassment of wealth at the db position.
BT is the clear #1; no one can deny that. Shamburger is great but plays a different position. I watched AT and KG a lot last year. I'm not sold on AT, he can make more wow plays, but I generally saw more separation and busts when AT was playing as opposed to KG. Lawrence will be interesting but I'm just not keen on throwing a freshman out there when we have just recently solved most of our bust issues. In the end I trust CJP's eyes more than my own, so we'll see who gets the most snaps this year.

LittleVol

Yeah.
Matthew Butler on the DL is treated similarly.

LittleVol

What???

No.

Buchanan is NOT...no.

AT absolutely does not overshadow him. George even overlook him for a bit. Personally AT might be a way better safety if given the chance.

DarkAvenger

What???

No.

Buchanan is NOT...no.

AT absolutely does not overshadow him. George even overlook him for a bit. Personally AT might be a way better safety if given the chance.
Serviceable means he can play 10 snaps a game and not be lost out there which Buchanan absolutely can do. There’s a reason AT started the back half of the season and not George. Not to mention that AT’s ceiling is a lot higher due to the fact he’s a lot better athlete.

GAVol

Super Moderator
Staff member
I mean no disrespect but all of these articles from USAToday/Volswire read like a 5th grader’s essay titled “Why I like Tennessee football”. I’ve come across about ~20 articles over the last few months and have yet to read one that included something I didn’t know/ wasn’t common knowledge.
Don't get me started. Half the time, it reads like the media guide is the sole reference with no quotes.

walkenvol

Serviceable means he can play 10 snaps a game and not be lost out there which Buchanan absolutely can do. There’s a reason AT started the back half of the season and not George. Not to mention that AT’s ceiling is a lot higher due to the fact he’s a lot better athlete.
What’s the reason AT didn’t start the first half of the season?

VN Store

Sponsors