Brutal losses this tourny....

It shows clearly that if you want an NCAA championship you need to play shut down defense, no drives in the lane uncontested, nothing around the rim uncontested, no college 3 pointers (NBA distance only).

It shows clearly that if you want an NCAA championship you need to play shut down defense, no drives in the lane uncontested, nothing around the rim uncontested, no college 3 pointers (NBA distance only).
This tournament has shown the refs want to win games more than the teams do

For me, it is the inconsistencies of the calls. The game is a contrast between "rules" and athleticism. The speed of the game tends to make traveling, carrying the ball and pivot foot "dragging" inconsistently called, if at all. In the past, the defender had a right to his "space". Now. "Inside" offensive players lower their shoulder and initiate contact to knock the defender back or off balance. The offensive player can even jump into the defender and get a foul called on the defender. (I.E. the foul called on Lamonte Turner.). Action, athleticism, dunks is what TV wants and the faster the game the tougher it is to officiate violations consistently. JMHO.

Very strange tournament. This will be the lowest rated championship game ever, IMO.
I can count on one hand the number of NCAA Tournament Championship games that I have missed since the 1982 North Carolina vs Georgetown game... and it's usually because I was either sick or traveling. This time it will be because I have zero interest in this game. Don't care for the teams and it will be butt ugly. Lots of missed shots, turnovers, a slow pace and long stretches without a point. Will make Super Bowl 53 seem action-packed by comparison.

It's weird how everyone celebrates the Cinderella teams. Everyone like to see the upsets, everyone celebrates the blue bloods being put out. Then how do they celebrate? By not watching anymore after they do.

FWIW, the FF ratings were solid

It's weird how everyone celebrates the Cinderella teams. Everyone like to see the upsets, everyone celebrates the blue bloods being put out. Then how do they celebrate? By not watching anymore after they do.
When people say "I like Cinderellas," I think what they really mean is "I like Cinderellas to win early in the tournament, and don't put any blue bloods out." The ratings bear that out.

When people say "I like Cinderellas," I think what they really mean is "I like Cinderellas to win early in the tournament, and don't put any blue bloods out." The ratings bear that out.
So in other words, we want to root against blue bloods but we dont really want them to lose?

So in other words, we want to root against blue bloods but we dont really want them to lose?
Yes - I mean collectively, not individually. I mean, I wanted Duke to lose and I'm still going to watch the tournament after they lost. However, look at what people do, not what people say. I think people do enjoy, say, a 14 seed Yale beating 3 seed LSU in the First Round, but the ratings for the Final Four would tank if Yale eventually knocked off Duke to reach the Final Four.

People profess their love for Cinderellas - TV ratings when Cinderellas go deep say otherwise.

Yes - I mean collectively, not individually. I mean, I wanted Duke to lose and I'm still going to watch the tournament after they lost. However, look at what people do, not what people say. I think people do enjoy, say, a 14 seed Yale beating 3 seed LSU in the First Round, but the ratings for the Final Four would tank if Yale eventually knocked off Duke to reach the Final Four.

People profess their love for Cinderellas - TV ratings when Cinderellas go deep say otherwise.
Espn and the other media also stop pushing it. They have mostly moved on. And the energy isnt there. Even when talking up a kid they dont slobber over them. They all sound like finebaum in the game day show, bored.

VN Store

Back