Brugler's current NFL Draft Top 100

SNAFU

Dane Brugler is a national NFL writer for the Athletic. Since I've been following, his assessments are fairly accurate.

22. Jalin Hyatt, WR, Tennessee (6-0, 188)
For teams looking for a polished route runner who can uncover quickly in the short-to-intermediate part of the field, Jalin Hyatt won’t be valued this high. But for those coveting field-stretching speed, tracking skills and reliable hands, the Tennessee product will have value in the top 25.

37. Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee (6-5, 342)
An undraftable prospect a year ago, Darnell Wright flipped the script as a senior by moving to right tackle and producing impressive tape (including a standout performance against Will Anderson Jr.). He will get himself in trouble when he sacrifices technique for his nasty play style, but he blocks with extraordinary power and torque and stays square in pass protection.

74. Cedric Tillman, WR, Tennessee (6-3, 214)

He will put out individual assessments of the top 10-12 players for each position group prior to the draft.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed watching Hyatt play for Tennessee not sure his draft stock should be so high though. To me his hands are questionable at times and he can’t make guys miss after the catch. Would love to be proven wrong though.

Really enjoyed watching Hyatt play for Tennessee not sure his draft stock should be so high though. To me his hands are questionable at times and he can’t make guys miss after the catch. Would love to be proven wrong though.

I think Hyatt as much like DeSean Jackson--a good deep threat, or intermediate/deep threat, but perhaps not more than that. Jackson has stayed in the league a LOT longer than I would have thought, so that could be a very nice role for Hyatt. His hands are certainly good enough. He's not very big, so I doubt the pros envision him as a possession receiver. The best of luck to all our guys.

I read that four QBs could be taken in the top 4. That only shows how ridiculously and foolishly desperate some teams are. The Florida kid is not
nearly ready and probably won't be for at least two years, and Levis did nothing against us. They've both got raw physical qualities, to be sure, but takes more than that to be a solid NFL QB.

I'm Surprised that Hendon Hooker isn't on the list? He's going to be a steal for some Team. Titans?

Dane Brugler is a national NFL writer for the Athletic. Since I've been following, his assessments are fairly accurate.

22. Jalin Hyatt, WR, Tennessee (6-0, 188)
For teams looking for a polished route runner who can uncover quickly in the short-to-intermediate part of the field, Jalin Hyatt won’t be valued this high. But for those coveting field-stretching speed, tracking skills and reliable hands, the Tennessee product will have value in the top 25.

37. Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee (6-5, 342)
An undraftable prospect a year ago, Darnell Wright flipped the script as a senior by moving to right tackle and producing impressive tape (including a standout performance against Will Anderson Jr.). He will get himself in trouble when he sacrifices technique for his nasty play style, but he blocks with extraordinary power and torque and stays square in pass protection.

74. Cedric Tillman, WR, Tennessee (6-3, 214)

He will put out individual assessments of the top 10-12 players for each position group prior to the draft.
Ehh I think saying Wright was Undraftable last year is a big stretch.. he was a late-rounder coming into this season. I definitely think he had more draft stock than Wanya who also made the list.

Reactions: VAVol85
That’s more surprising than the Tootoo prediction
Not really I am pretty sure when it all comes out in the wash the haters will have to apologize because I feel like they both left because they had to (recruiting violations) as opposed to they left to get playing time elsewhere. There were a lot of interesting transfers that year. If that's the case, and I think it is I see them in a different light. Cant blame a kid for taking $$ from a coach especially back then.

Bucky Brooks at NFL.com put out his top 5 players at each position in this draft. Rightfully so he had Hendon Hooker as QB3 over Levis. Most "draft experts" are in love with Levis, I don't get it. Hooker is the better player hands down.

Bucky Brooks' top five 2023 NFL Draft prospects by position 1.0: Stroud, Young, Hooker top QB rankings
Levi’s is the prototypical NFL QB. Not sure how you do t see this. He excels in Playaction, has a strong arm and can throw in tight spaces and has the physical attributes any scout is looking for from prospect. Maybe he doesn’t pan out but he is much less a gamble than HH. I love HH but as a scout in not sure how you don’t see this and don’t get it.

Any big surprises in the top 10 on Bruglers Top 100? Anything stick out?
He’s a little higher on Christian Gonzalez than most, has him at 5, but other than that it looks like most of the other rankings.

Levi’s is the prototypical NFL QB. Not sure how you do t see this. He excels in Playaction, has a strong arm and can throw in tight spaces and has the physical attributes any scout is looking for from prospect. Maybe he doesn’t pan out but he is much less a gamble than HH. I love HH but as a scout in not sure how you don’t see this and don’t get it.
People would probably think more highly of Levis if, rather than simply having good physical attributes, he could actually play football worth a damn. He doesn’t. He sucks.

If Al Davis were still alive, he would mortgage the Raiders’ future to trade up to draft Levis #1 overall. Then the Raiders would suck even worse than they already do for the next 10 years. Al loved workout warriors with great physical traits but no actual ability to play the game.

Ehh I think saying Wright was Undraftable last year is a big stretch.. he was a late-rounder coming into this season. I definitely think he had more draft stock than Wanya who also made the list.
I agree. He has made excellent progress the last two years under Elarbee. He was a good LT for us in 2021 but really excelled last year when he got to play RT.

VN Store

Back