Brooks commit pushes back plans to sign

"I just like the opportunity they offered me, and Coach Pruitt being a defensive mastermind knowing how to set up things."

Come on up and be part of the awesome D we are building...

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
The early signing date should be eliminated; especially this year.

Why? You aren't required to sign. If you want to and be done with it, you know the University you want to attend, why not sign and move on. If a coach tries to leverage you to sign early in lieu of a scholarship, go somewhere else, you aren't sure enough to sign and he's showing you who he is, a jackass.

Reactions: escapegoat2
Brooks is a big Pruitt guy. Has almost basically spelled it out several times that's why he's committed to UT. Brooks no doubt has doubts that Pruitt ain't gonna be here

Every Year! I hate this crap. People are always screwing with Tradition! Why? Just because they can? The February signing day was so anticipated and special.
I liked it at first, not so much now mainly because of coaching changes after the regular season is completed. I’m sure it’s tough for the recruits planning on signing on ESD not knowing if the coaching staff will remain intact. Just have one signing day as it was before.

Reactions: igotworms
Why? You aren't required to sign. If you want to and be done with it, you know the University you want to attend, why not sign and move on. If a coach tries to leverage you to sign early in lieu of a scholarship, go somewhere else, you aren't sure enough to sign and he's showing you who he is, a jackass.
I think they should keep it but limit it to maybe 5 or 10 LOI's. That allows you to build towards February with a solid core while taking pressure off some of these kids who may not be ready to sign.

Brooks is a big Pruitt guy. Has almost basically spelled it out several times that's why he's committed to UT. Brooks no doubt has doubts that Pruitt ain't gonna be here

I'm more in the camp that Pruitt told Brooks to hold off to try scaring Fulmer into keeping him or lose Brooks

It’s just another dumb reason for the sunshine pumpers to keep Pruitt.

It's really bizarre. I mean, even Derrek Barnett, as good of a DE as he was, could only do so much for the program. Given the lack of DL production under this staff, there's literally zero reason to believe that he'll even be developed to his potential here.

Handley HS (Roanoke) is in Auburn's back yard so his delay could be telling should Auburn land Freeze or any other noteworthy coach. Never really understod his attraction for UT because normally any high ranking player from that area is UA or Auburn bound. Pruitt's uncertainty is wreaking havoc on the upcoming class.

I think Steele gets the barn job.

I think they should keep it but limit it to maybe 5 or 10 LOI's. That allows you to build towards February with a solid core while taking pressure off some of these kids who may not be ready to sign.

Once again, they aren't required to sign, at all, if they are, they choose to allow a coach to pressure them into it. Many already are pressured in similar ways. Clemson won't allow official visits to other universities after commitment, if they do, Clemson pulls the scholly offer. Isn't that a problem than anything. Limiting options by fear.

The early signing period also is good for recruits in that instead of a school leading them on until the day before the February signing only to call them up the night before and say, "Umm, hey man, we are gonna go a different direction, so..... You're gonna need to find another school to go to...." Meanwhile they sign a higher rated or different position and that young man has to scramble in 10 hours to find a landing spot. With the early signing, they are let off the hook with 2 months to find somewhere to go.

I think he’s waiting to see what happens at Auburn before officially committing to TN. Then again he could be waiting to see what happens at TN too

Just remember reports like this will give a ton more ammo to other schools to go after him before he signs. They’ll tell him how bad and uncertain TN is and why he shouldn’t come here and go there instead. It’s a game and these are 18yr old kids

He can log on here and get that.

VN Store

Back