Brohm May Be Running at Tennessee

two good years at WK does not make one a great or even good coach. OC at UAB and Illinois also does not make one a good coach. Surely Tennessee will not waste their time here.

I have no second tier. Either we get Gruden, Kelly, Franklin, Patterson, Peterson or Petrino or we join the Sun Belt Conference. Our trustees and big donors should care more about winning championships than their egos. Why is this so hard?

Ever tried to convince a guy sitting in his dream job to move his family for a high-risk job? Kelly or Petrino are your only options, but either is very possible

As a Purdue/Tenn fan I'm happy with Brohm staying put in West Lafayette where can contend in the West. Here we would be running him out of town after every Bama,UGA or UF loss.

I have no second tier. Either we get Gruden, Kelly, Franklin, Patterson, Peterson or Petrino or we join the Sun Belt Conference. Our trustees and big donors should care more about winning championships than their egos. Why is this so hard?

Cause Franklin ain't leaving PSU. That is a big time job. And he's just getting started there. PSU to UT not gonna happen for him. He'd turn down in less than 5 seconds.

Cause Patterson ain't leaving TCU. Many have tried including UT. He's passed on all chances to upgrade over TCU, and it's not a bad gig as it is.

Cause Peterson ain't leaving UW. He's a West Cost guy. Family. Prob best job long term on the West Coast.

Cause we shouldn't want Petrino period.

Cause Gruden is a stupid pipe dream if you want proven. No major college job higher than a position coach, and his biggest program in college was Pitt. .541 NFL winning %. Your current coach has a better college resume.

People on here think just because we want them they want to give up their good jobs to come here and are waiting on us to call. Do you not think that if they were waiting on our offer they would have accepted our offers the last three times were searching. Patterson has been offered. Franklin got his job. Peterson has been offered. Gruden has been offered, or atleast felt out interest. Lots of nonsense.

If you want big, you got Kelly or Miles. Neither of which would be bad choices.

Reactions: 3 people
FLORIDA hired a coach from Duke of all freaking places, the old ball coach then proceeded to WOFA'S for the next we decade or so. Does not matter where he coached if he is the right coach.

Ya he was running a new cutting edge offense , Brohm is not . Urban myer cutting edge new offense , Brohm nope. Florida had a great eye for finding coaches doing new stuff nobody had seen and jumped in it and hired them. Butch at first was running up tempo no huddle version of some kinda Malzan offense, now it’s a slow slug offense that does Nadda.....

He's not an up and comer dammit!! lol He's a Power 5 head coach who is about to win 8 games in the nation's toughest conference. Who would have thought PURDUE, who won 3 games last year, would go 8-4 and manage to not get blown out by anybody? This is James Franklin type stuff we're seeing.

Yet he's not even coaching in the toughest division in said conference and will only coach against 2 ranked teams all year in Michigan and Wisconsin. Considering the Big Ten West is a one trick pony, to say he is playing a tough schedule is laughable at best.

It isn't like he is playing Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan State on top of an overrated Michigan team and Wisconsin.

Reactions: 1 person
Everyone needs to realize that the next Saban and Myer is one of these new guys like Brohm Frost Fuente ECT ECT. The next great coach is out there coaching and some school will hit the jackpot

We gave Butch a pass first two years and he made good progress in recruiting, building the program, getting the fans back in the stadium, improving grades, keeping players out of jail, three Bowl wins, etc. If, big if, a change is made, my expectations will be different. All the things that are a problem today should be fixable really quick by a new (better?) coach. Butch went up three years and down two. The new coach gets a one year transition and then 9-3, and then play for SEC Championship. Anything less and we haven't gained a thing. Whoever is coaching, I'll support them, the players, and the University. GBO VFL! Beat Bama!

Petrino lost to Buch which should eliminate him from consideration (just like Butch should have been eliminated after he lost to Dooley).

Petrino is not one of my choices, but your Petrino lost to Butch is a weak reason for not hiring him. He was coaching freaking Western Kentucky and his QB through like 6 interceptions.

Don't worry guys we all know gruden is our first option

If that is true, we are all idiots IMO! He has never been a college head coach, and he hasn't coached in many years. Hiring him would be a huge risk! If he wanted to coach and was the coach that many think he is, he would not have sat in the booth all these years. Gruden is a myth!!!!!

If this is the best we can do then it shows Currie really doesnt care that much about the football program.

That's just an ignorant statement. You sound as if UT can simply go out and get anyone they want. The blank check days are over. We've had a lot of "name" coaches who've said thanks but no thanks to the UT job the last two hires we've made. Did we settle and take a chance? Yep, but does that indicate the AD and BOT didn't "care that much about the football program"? We can't force those name guys to make the move to Knoxville and despite the average yahoo thinking we grow money on trees at UT, we do have a limit and budget to work within. Pretty easy for a fan to sit in mom and dads basement and demand UT spend 10 mil per year on a coach and demand the so called big money boosters "write a check" but things don't work that way in the adult/real world. I'd bet 99% of the fans who post on these type of boards don't have a clue about how much UT brings in and where it goes along with their obligations and commitments going forward.

Reactions: 2 people
Cause Franklin ain't leaving PSU. That is a big time job. And he's just getting started there. PSU to UT not gonna happen for him. He'd turn down in less than 5 seconds.

Cause Patterson ain't leaving TCU. Many have tried including UT. He's passed on all chances to upgrade over TCU, and it's not a bad gig as it is.

Cause Peterson ain't leaving UW. He's a West Cost guy. Family. Prob best job long term on the West Coast.

Cause we shouldn't want Petrino period.

Cause Gruden is a stupid pipe dream if you want proven. No major college job higher than a position coach, and his biggest program in college was Pitt. .541 NFL winning %. Your current coach has a better college resume.

People on here think just because we want them they want to give up their good jobs to come here and are waiting on us to call. Do you not think that if they were waiting on our offer they would have accepted our offers the last three times were searching. Patterson has been offered. Franklin got his job. Peterson has been offered. Gruden has been offered, or atleast felt out interest. Lots of nonsense.

If you want big, you got Kelly or Miles. Neither of which would be bad choices.

Exactly. Finally a poster with some common sense. Speaking of turn downs let's not forget Strong and Gundy. Thank you for a logical and well thought out post.....a skill in short supply on this site.

My biggest worry would be if he got an offer from Louisville in a few years. Would he go home. Hard to turn down a job from your school

Not really. Tee Martin has done it. I'd be willing to bet that Cooter will as well as he's going to get an NFL job sooner rather than later.

Have you read either thread, or the article linked in the OP, or Brohm's wiki page?

Uh yes I did...Again I ask, What is the big deal with him?...Because he had a couple of good years at mighty WKU?...Are you freakin kidding me? :eek:lol: God you guys are reaching.

VN Store

Back