Brian Niedermeyer, Tennessee football assistant coach fired in NCAA probe, gets new job

I really wonder if this will hurt us in recruiting the players from IMG we are in on. Carnell Tate, Mauigoa, and Devin Hyatt namely.

I think it would be foolish on his part to negatively influence players against UT.
Probably an issue that was addressed during the interview process.
At least, I hope so.

I think it would be foolish on his part to negatively influence players against UT.
Probably an issue that was addressed during the interview process.
At least, I hope so.
Negatively influencing and more prominently pushing competitors are two different things

Good hire for IMG.
Is it though? We viewed Neids as a good recruiter, which now we know why, but I never heard anyone praise him much as a coach.

Whatever. Glad he landed somewhere. Doubt he lands back in college anytime soon.

With hindsight, I am not sure what it is that Nieds brings to the table. He can't cheat in recruiting without getting caught, and he has no business teaching any position groups. What is it that he is good at?

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Can’t recruit
Can’t coach
He’s where he needs to be imo.
He was strong in forging relationships (with or sans money), and I think he knew CONCEPTS of coaching. Teaching and implementing is the areas he skipped along the way. We forget on here that during his run at UT, there was a daily if not HOURLY clamoring to PAY THE MAN afore someone else up and steals him. IMG has plenty to work with and at worst he can make a living in football at that level.

With hindsight, I am not sure what it is that Nieds brings to the table. He can't cheat in recruiting without getting caught, and he has no business teaching any position groups. What is it that he is good at?
We’re an all or nothing fanbase. The truth in the middle stuff is way boring.

Reactions: onevol74

VN Store

Back