Brian Niedermeyer is now 247’s 2019 # 1 Recruiter

I'm really curious what some expect in recruiting right now. After coming off two of the worst seasons in program history, this class is nothing short of amazing. Those expecting a top 5 finish this year were not realistic.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
If you have access to The Athletic, check out the story about 1997 class. Really talented, really competitive and all seemed to put their egos aside to get better. By far, the best recruiting class in Tennessee history judging by accomplishments (2 SEC trophies and 1 NC) and players drafted.
Sorry, I don’t subscribe. I hear it’s a great site.

“Oh man he was huge,” To’oto’o said. “He created a lot of connections with me and my family. He was able to come out here and make everything feel like home. I knew I could trust him and everything when I go down there.” One of Niedermeyer and Wright’s last conversations was about jumping on the back of an African Lion wondering if they could wrestle it to the ground.

“He’s funny now,” Wright’s head coach at Huntington (WV) High Billy Seals said. “First and foremost, I think Coach Niedermeyer cares about the kid outside of football. Just speaking for Darnell, I think that was the thing Darnell appreciated about coach. They would come in and have conversation and not one time would it be about football. He has a way of communicating and relating to young kids.”

That’s kids of all ages. To’oto’o is the second oldest of eight children and Niedermeyer built a relationship with all of them. “He was very warming,” To’oto’o’s father Jesse said. “A great character, easy to get along with, all my kids they were drawn to him. All my sisters know him and my brothers love him,” Henry added.
Tennessee's Niedermeyer 247Sports National Recruiter of the Year

Last edited:
Is anyone else surprised that 6 of the top 7 recruiters are white? Not trying to make a racial point, but I would've expected more of them to be African Americans with the many of the kids they're recruiting also being AA.
That is interesting...I think because they're more white coaches compared to black coaches. Good observation...

Adding him to the mix. DBs/recruiting. We now have without a doubt the best recruiting staff in the country. Pruitt-Nieds-Tee-Ansley
AA9DFEA3-8135-49D1-AEC8-3FA57AABFE60.jpeg

VN Store

Back