Brian Maurer starting against UGA

That's for coaches to determine. But not being mentally ready can lead to injury in this league quickly. Taking blind side hits because you are unaware of what is about to come would be one sign.

You mean like JG AND many other QBs.? Also, these are coaches with many years of experience, so I expect they have observed BM thoroughly. yeah, I know, they lost to GA State.

You mean like JG AND many other QBs.? Also, these are coaches with many years of experience, so I expect they have observed BM thoroughly. yeah, I know, they lost to GA State.

Not sure we have an argument here. But there is the possibility of not being prepared or capable yet. I would hope it isnt the case, but it is a possibilty. He just isnt going see another defense line this one, this year.

Reactions: cgrish
Something had to be done with the JG situation but good lord, giving the kid his first start against Georgia is idiotic. This has Peterman at Florida written all over it. I don’t think Peterman’s confidence ever fully recovered even though he found some success later on.

Reactions: 37620VOL
Not sure we have an argument here. But there is the possibility of not being prepared or capable yet. I would hope it isnt the case, but it is a possibilty. He just isnt going see another defense line this one, this year.
No we don't. And I get your point. But, I would bet if you asked BM if he wanted to start after being told "this is the best defense in the SEC", and watching film on Georgia, he would say yes. I think the game plan for him is the key and that is the coach's job.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Those are of no help against USC, UK, Vandy, MSU, Mizzoiu, or UAb. And if you dont get something done there then you might not want to start counting your chickens in terms of who is coming next year.

Ha true. Every time someone posts about who is coming next year, I think of Pruitt telling that recruit that if we didn't go 9-3 this year he shouldn't come here.

I don’t think BM starting is as a big a deal as we hope. I expect to see QB by committee..... JG will come back in pretty quickly

I’m just going to start drinking about 4 and have a nice buzz on by 6. Then try to watch analytically and not get too upset when we get smoked.

I don’t think BM starting is as a big a deal as we hope. I expect to see QB by committee..... JG will come back in pretty quickly

True. This could be a test for JG as well. Lose your starting position and see if it sparks him to step it up if he is given another opportunity to play.

I think this is what Pruitt attempted in Florida, but didn't work. JG has to prove that he wants to win...I think the guy is almost used to losing at this point.

No we don't. And I get your point. But, I would bet if you asked BM if he wanted to start after being told "this is the best defense in the SEC", and watching film on Georgia, he would say yes. I think the game plan for him is the key and that is the coach's job.

I think what worries me is the lack of a running game. No running game + elite defense + true freshman start = possibilty for utter disaster.

But that is the most likely scenario no.matter what we choose tomorrow.

Those are of no help against USC, UK, Vandy, MSU, Mizzoiu, or UAb. And if you dont get something done there then you might not want to start counting your chickens in terms of who is coming next year.
And winning those games does what exactly?

This happening could either be a josh Dobbs saving our season getting us to a bowl game type situation, or a Nathan peterman totally unprepared situation. Have a feeling there’s gonna be some definite yardage on the ground from designed QB runs and RPOs that we couldn’t run with Guarantano.

VN Store

Back