Brian Kelly Makes Cringe Video With Recruit

I’ve never seen a coaches public persona fall faster than Kelly’s man. From the way he left notre dame (a last minute 7am meeting that lasted for 4 minutes) to him being introduced at a basketball game and trying to talk like a southerner. To this weird video where he’s basically grinding on the back of a high school kid? My god. Not sure who’s having a worst month…him or urban Meyer.

Last edited:
Be never seen a coaches public persona fall faster than Kelly’s man. From the way he left notre dame (a last minute 7am meeting that lasted for 4 minutes) I I him being introduced at a basketball game and trying to talk like a southerner. To this weird video where he’s basically grinding on the back of a high school kid? My god. Not sure who’s having a worst month…him or urban Meyer.
Ultimately, none of this matters if he wins.

I think he does have a shorter leash than he otherwise would have, however your leash at that place is incredibly short regardless.

Reactions: Lawrence Wright
Ultimately, none of this matters if he wins.

I think he does have a shorter leash than he otherwise would have, however your leash at that place is incredibly short regardless.
Guarantee you LSU is second guessing this hire. Just such a fake human being. Reminds me of Butch but worse.

Guarantee you LSU is second guessing this hire. Just such a fake human being. Reminds me of Butch but worse.
Only if he doesn't win enough games.

As fake and hokey as Kelly has been so far, all that matters is winning. We would have loved Pruitt, Butch, Dooley, etc. if they won games. Especially Pruitt.

Only if he doesn't win enough games.

As fake and hokey as Kelly has been so far, all that matters is winning. We would have loved Pruitt, Butch, Dooley, etc. if they won games. Especially Pruitt.

He has won at a school without a conference. He doesn’t understand the meat grinder he is about to join.

He has won at a school without a conference. He doesn’t understand the meat grinder he is about to join.
ND is hard to win at and hard to recruit to and he did both. He's a good coach. His cultural fit there is terrible, but that does not preclude a coach from doing well at a place, and having a perfect cultural fit does not guarantee success.

ND is hard to win at and hard to recruit to and he did both. He's a good coach. His cultural fit there is terrible, but that does not preclude a coach from doing well at a place, and having a perfect cultural fit does not guarantee success.

ND is a double edge sword on recruiting. It is easy and hard to recruit to that place.

Reactions: wmcovol
That brand still has major recognition. It isn’t Vandy or Harvard you’re recruiting to.
No, it isn't Vandy. It also isn't Penn St, Michigan, etc. and he's classes over the past several years that have rivaled and occasionally been better than theirs.

"Academically strong Catholic school in the upper Midwest" does not have the appeal it used to. Most of these kids, even if they are from that area, would rather play in the south or out west. If he can recruit to ND, he sure as hell should be able to recruit to LSU.

Ultimately recruiting won't be his problem - he'll need to beat Alabama, A&M, Auburn, etc. enough and probably win an SEC title within 2-3 years. If he doesn't, his seat will be red hot.

If only the Bayou Bengals could’ve found one of their own they could find sustained success.

Reactions: 05_never_again
Easy? They have tough academic restrictions and it's located in a frigid dump. It isn't 1970...that place isn't easy to recruit to anymore.

So there’s no way they too look the other way when they want a player bad enough?

They admitted a man who saw fake girlfriends was borderline insane just because he could play ball.

When you think about it, LSU just had Coach Ed O and he was cajun clown show, but a clown show nonetheless. Before that, Coach Les Miles was in class by himself of crazy.

I'm starting to see a pattern.

Reactions: Popcorn and VAVol85

VN Store

Back