Posts moved from the Football Forum (Split)

Here's an article from Fox news
economic-shutdown-coronavirus
Fed's Kashkari calls for 6-week economic shutdown to control coronavirus spread

Also, the Fed President quoted in the article is a Republican.

I guess the conspiracy knows no bounds. The Republicans and conservative media and the President himself are all in on it now.
That’s the attack nowadays...push back against the mainstream media, and you’re a conspiracy theorist. Pretty weak attack if you ask me.

George Floyd protestors weren’t conspiracy theorist when we didn’t have all of the information, yet they weren’t labeled that...see how that works?

You are correct. This falls on Congress not doing anything for liability protection. Until something changes this would be the right decision for all involved. The schools would be totally foolish to put themselves at risk.

Why do you think congress will/would do anything about this when congress is made up of lawyers???? As has been said in so many ways sense c-19 has come upon us: LIFE IS A RISK, LIVE WITH IT OR GET OFF THE BUS AND STAY HOME. At some point most will understand they can't just stay home and wait on the government to protect them, feed them and pay for their bills. They will start to get out and LIVE WITH IT. ( however the gov. is trying to do just this, won't last long though)

That’s the attack nowadays...push back against the mainstream media, and you’re a conspiracy theorist. Pretty weak attack if you ask me.

George Floyd protestors weren’t conspiracy theorist when we didn’t have all of the information, yet they weren’t labeled that...see how that works?
"This is a pandemic. I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic"

“It will probably, unfortunately, get worse before it gets better,” July 22

"We're asking everybody that when you are not able to socially distance, wear a mask, get a mask. Whether you like the mask or not, they have an impact. They'll have an effect. And we need everything we can get,"

"We will vanquish the virus. We will extinguish this plague,”

“I view it as a, in a sense, a wartime president,”

"I told the governor of Georgia, Brian Kemp, that I disagree strongly with his decision to open certain facilities which are in violation of the phase one guidelines"

“And now it’s our time. We must sacrifice together because we are all in this together and we’ll come through together. It’s the invisible enemy.”

'This is not about Democrats and Republicans. This is about a thing that hit our country, the likes of which has never happened to us before."

- Donald Trump

We (probably) can't have college football because the virus is still running rampant through our country, and because college football has much larger rosters, much more contact and many more teams than something like basketball or soccer (and MLS has had its struggles restarting as well).

The virus is still running rampant through our country because our population (compared to other countries) has been less willing to take the virus seriously, more likely to protest safety precautions as infringements on freedom, more likely to vilify science and scientists in favor of their own untested theories, and more likely to descend on beaches or bike rallies in droves like the pandemic just doesn't exist.

So you’re blaming Americans “protesting safety precautions” for the spread of the virus and bikers, and beach-goers? 😂

No mention of the protestors/rioters/looters/criminals/arsonists in many major liberal city streets in America. No, they aren’t a problem, it’s those pesky people out protesting safety precautions. The virus is perceived to be “running rampant” in this country compared to other countries because testing in America is 4 and 5 times that of other countries. We’ve tested approximately 65 million people. Nobody comes remotely close to that. So when you’re testing vastly more, you have more cases, more positives. The NFL will play, all other major sports are playing, college football is the liberals last hope to get something Americans really care about, canceled.

I’m fine with waiting until after Trump is re-elected to start college football. You “resisters” won’t be able to keep this up for 4 more years.

Here’s another prediction, save this one! Trump’s administration will have a vaccine and/or therapeutic before the election, probably some time in October. When that happens, the same people currently trying to cancel college football, like you, will then turn their attention to ridiculing, downplaying, diminishing, scaring people, etc about the effectiveness of the vaccine. The liberal media and their politicians will be shouting “it’s too early, it was rushed, it’s not safe, don’t take it,” etc in hopes of keeping the virus as a negative against Trump in the election. You’ll be right there with them, shouting down the vaccine.

"This is a pandemic. I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic"

“It will probably, unfortunately, get worse before it gets better,” July 22

"We're asking everybody that when you are not able to socially distance, wear a mask, get a mask. Whether you like the mask or not, they have an impact. They'll have an effect. And we need everything we can get,"

"We will vanquish the virus. We will extinguish this plague,”

“I view it as a, in a sense, a wartime president,”

"I told the governor of Georgia, Brian Kemp, that I disagree strongly with his decision to open certain facilities which are in violation of the phase one guidelines"

“And now it’s our time. We must sacrifice together because we are all in this together and we’ll come through together. It’s the invisible enemy.”

'This is not about Democrats and Republicans. This is about a thing that hit our country, the likes of which has never happened to us before."

- Donald Trump
What point are you trying to get across? Who ever said the virus wasn’t real or serious?

What point are you trying to get across? Who ever said the virus wasn’t real or serious?
Who? Gosh tons of people. Many blame it on an election year and say the MSM is making it overblown and needs to be pushed back against.

If so, these people need to push back against Trump for saying the exact same things

Reactions: NashVol11
Who? Gosh tons of people. Many blame it on an election year and say the MSM is making it overblown and needs to be pushed back against.

If so, these people need to push back against Trump for saying the exact same things
I’m saying that it’ll be gone, meaning the media won’t be talking about it non-stop after the election. They are directly and have directly politicized it. No matter the outcome, they would’ve blamed Trump and said he handled it poorly. Meanwhile, almost half of the US deaths have come from two states, and to the media, those governors are saints and couldn’t have handled it better...I’m not accusing you, but if anyone thinks that Cuomo has done well, and Trump has done poorly, then they desperately need help.

So you’re blaming Americans “protesting safety precautions” for the spread of the virus and bikers, and beach-goers? 😂

No mention of the protestors/rioters/looters/criminals/arsonists in many major liberal city streets in America. No, they aren’t a problem, it’s those pesky people out protesting safety precautions. The virus is perceived to be “running rampant” in this country compared to other countries because testing in America is 4 and 5 times that of other countries. We’ve tested approximately 65 million people. Nobody comes remotely close to that. So when you’re testing vastly more, you have more cases, more positives. The NFL will play, all other major sports are playing, college football is the liberals last hope to get something Americans really care about, canceled.

I’m fine with waiting until after Trump is re-elected to start college football. You “resisters” won’t be able to keep this up for 4 more years.

Here’s another prediction, save this one! Trump’s administration will have a vaccine and/or therapeutic before the election, probably some time in October. When that happens, the same people currently trying to cancel college football, like you, will then turn their attention to ridiculing, downplaying, diminishing, scaring people, etc about the effectiveness of the vaccine. The liberal media and their politicians will be shouting “it’s too early, it was rushed, it’s not safe, don’t take it,” etc in hopes of keeping the virus as a negative against Trump in the election. You’ll be right there with them, shouting down the vaccine.

No one is hoping for sports to be canceled; that’s as dumb as saying worldwide lockdowns are happening because of the American election. The rest of this is all hypothetical garbage. For some reason it’s difficult for you to figure out that we can both (1) be testing more than everyone else and (2) have more cases, whether we’re testing or not. You can say our numbers are inflated by testing more, but just assuming based on nothing that that accounts for ALL of the difference is just about what I would expect from someone peddling conspiracy theories about vaccines.

Speaking of vaccines, it’s not just going to be Trump’s word against “the libs” lol...it will have to go through clinical trials. If Trump is trying to skip those in order to get something out before the election, are you saying that’s a good thing?

Most likely result in your scenario is that Trump starts saying we don’t need clinical trials and anyone who disagrees is conspiring against him/trying to keep him from getting elected, and his followers eat it up

Glad to have you and post more often. We can get rid of the other guy so he may find refuge on a tampoon etiquette board.

Reactions: Jaws

Trump isn’t winning re-election

Fade, you and Dumbledorange and a few others might be right about this ... but you'll still be badly wrong.

See, for many of us Vols football is like a beloved family member. One we only get to see four months out of every year. We miss them when they're gone, and can't wait for them to come back.

And that's not just me anthropomorphizing the game. It really is like family, because it involves family. And good friends.. The Vols games give us excuses to get together on Saturdays, to get over that little spat we maybe had on Tuesday, to bridge distances that normally make it too inconvenient to gather, put aside whatever differences may exist, for a little while, to watch the game together. It's something we agree on, and agree strongly enough to overcome a host of little annoyances and inconveniences that otherwise litter life.

So you and others saying, over and over on these boards, "there isn't going to be any football in 2020" is like telling me I won't be able to see my daughter in 2020, she won't make it home for the holidays. It's not life-ending, but it hurts. It dims the light, reduces the joy of what's coming up in the next few months.

When you jump up and down about how it's looking more and more like you're right, you're acting like that fellow who annoys everyone by harping over and over again about how our lad should've been wearing a seat belt, even as we stand by his bedside and wonder if he can pull through.

You're just being a pain in the ass.

So...feel good about being right, I guess. You're still dead wrong.
Shooting the messengers will solve all problems. Brilliant. Your point has nothing to do with who said it. Few posters on here don't have orange in their veins. The ironically named covid TRUTHERS frustrate the hell out of me. But I have never once doubted their love of Vols football.

Think about who runs colleges; liberals for the most part who hate college athletics & gutless politicians who only care about reelection.
I don't think that staement holds water in the SEC, outside of Mizzou, or Big 12. Probably accurate for most of the B1G Pac 10 outside of AZ and AzSt. Sean Hannity and his opinions are not bound by truth. To insinuate the SEC is led by liberals is laughable.

The Cure = November 4th
I am sure the families of the 580k+ dead and 15 million positives outside the USA will be thrilled to learn of this. Brazil just passed 100k deaths. By spring, we may not be leading the world in deaths. Especially since it ends in November and so many people in the nation and this forum think the Earth is only the parts they care about.

I am going to presume you haven't spent enough time on VolNation to know the Covid-19 virus is actually less of a threat than the flu and children and Republicans are immune to it. You'll see it magically disappears in November after the election.

Reactions: NashVol11 and Mick

VN Store

Back