Brentwood Academy & Auburn

rexvol

The Minister of Defense
this school produces more talent than any other school in Nashville and it all goes to Auburn, I wish someone copuld explain that to me.

Greene latest to join BA pipeline to Auburn

CHIP CIRILLO
Staff Writer

A.J. Greene couldn’t figure out why so many Brentwood Academy football players signed with Auburn.
It appears he’s learned the answer because the Eagles defensive end has become the eighth BA player to commit to the Tigers since 2000.
“Before I committed there I always wondered why so many Brentwood Academy kids went to Auburn,” Greene said. “But when I took my visit up there I understood why because it’s just a wonderful place and a great atmosphere to be in. The fans, how nice the people were, how the coaches were — things like that impressed me the most.”
Former BA stars Kody Bliss, Mike Berry, Pete Compton, King Dunlap, John Vaughn, Jake Slaughter and Taylor Bourgeois have all played for Auburn during the past six seasons.
“I talked to King quite a bit because his sister, Victoria, goes to my school,” Greene said. “I’ve been trying to get to know him and let him get to know me.”
Victoria Dunlap has signed a letter of intent with Kentucky in basketball and track and field.
Greene said Louisville, Mississippi and Mississippi State also offered him scholarships. His only visits were to Louisville and Auburn.
“For me to have colleges looking at me from the SEC is a huge honor because everyone knows the SEC is probably one of the toughest conferences in the USA,” Greene said.
The 6-foot-5, 255-pound senior helped lead BA (11-1) to its 10th state championship with a 37-34 win over McCallie in the Division II-AAA final on Nov. 18.
Auburn Coach Tommy Tuberville and defensive ends coach Terry Price came to BA to watch Greene at practice.
“He’s a great pass rusher, and he can also play tight end,” BA Coach Carlton Flatt said. “He can play either offense or defense. I think they saw a really good player right now and a great player here in the next two or three years.”
Flatt has developed a lot of trust with the Auburn coaching staff after sending so many players to the SEC power.
“What they say they like most is the kind of people they are,” Flatt said. “I think right now if we recommend somebody, they trust us pretty much. And we have developed a trust in them. We know if our kids go down there, they are going to treat them right.”

Good question. I've often wondered the same thing. I went there for a couple of years in the early 1980s before becoming a BHS Bruin. Back then it was more of a Vandy connection through Coach Mac, who's sons played for BA.

we had a few Father Ryan boys go to Vandy and one to the HIll...Miller was his name, I think he was a fullback, his dad was the boxing guy Ace Miller

I live in Brentwood, went to Brentwood High (not the prep school) but there are a ton of Auburn fans in town here. I have no idea why, but you would think you were living in Alabama with the locals here

we had a few Father Ryan boys go to Vandy and one to the HIll...Miller was his name, I think he was a fullback, his dad was the boxing guy Ace Miller

I know ace miller. His son went to father ryan and played for tennessee? Why did his son go to father ryan when he lives in knoxville?

Guys, Brentwood is a bunch of transplant people. I work there and I see more LSU and Auburn colors there than Tennessee colors. I was at this ladies house, who was wearing a UT sweatshirt at the time, delivering to her and said "Boy, there sure are alot of LSU fans around here. Wonder why that is???" and she replied, "Well they just need to go home then, because this is Tennessee." I laughed for about 2 hours after that. Made my day.

I grew up in Franklin and lived here most of my life. BA is a very preppy and exclusive school. If you have ever been to either Auburn or Ole Miss, you will see that there isnt much difference between these colleges and the upperclass wealthy private schools around. The same thing applies to MBA as well.

I am supprised you know so much about BA rexvol being that you are from Houston. Did you live in Middle Tennessee at all? Seriously, that is pretty observant if you never have.

I grew up in Franklin and lived here most of my life. BA is a very preppy and exclusive school. If you have ever been to either Auburn or Ole Miss, you will see that there isnt much difference between these colleges and the upperclass wealthy private schools around. The same thing applies to MBA as well.

I am supprised you know so much about BA rexvol being that you are from Houston. Did you live in Middle Tennessee at all? Seriously, that is pretty observant if you never have.

I think BA must be more "exclusive" now than 20+ years ago. Of course all the private schools seem to be bigger and nicer than when I was a kid. For some reason a lot of B-wood kids went to Samford and Bama. I only remember a couple of people going to Auburn.

I was born and raised in hendersonville, went to grade school at St Joseph and grad from Father Ryan in 88. I just moved to Houston from Jacksonville, FL a year ago. Nice new chick in your avatar by the way, but where's the Tennessee hat?

I know ace miller. His son went to father ryan and played for tennessee? Why did his son go to father ryan when he lives in knoxville?

this was in the 80's and at the time I think Ace's ex-wife/Jim's mom lived in Nashville.

Scott Imorde (sp?) tennis player lived a couple of blocks over from me and went to Ryan. Probably class of 88 or 89 but I'm not sure if he graduated from there.

I was born and raised in hendersonville, went to grade school at St Joseph and grad from Father Ryan in 88. I just moved to Houston from Jacksonville, FL a year ago. Nice new chick in your avatar by the way, but where's the Tennessee hat?

She is actually an ex South Carolina Gamecock Cheerleader. I just met her recently so I have to convert her.

She is actually an ex South Carolina Gamecock Cheerleader. I just met her recently so I have to convert her.

I dated a SC cheerleader a few years ago, though not the one in your picture. I wonder if they cheered at the same time?

VN Store

Back