Brent Cimaglia

Not sure why you’d EVER leave Tennessee to go to Georgia Tech…

We’re going bowling, his college career is over Saturday.

Kicker…no excuse to transfer due to coaching. They aren’t even at practice 80% of the time with the team.

Good riddance.

11-15
Missed 3 extra points.

Go Vols.
Maybe he wasn't gonna keep the job? Maybe it was a mutual decision? Wish him well. Don't really care about kids who left because I'm so damned proud of the ones who stayed and have given us a really surprising season. I'll confess that I had zero expectations this year. No way would I have imagined them playing the way that they have and as consistently as they have. No one has been "overlooked". We've been ready to roll from the opening kick in every game. I couldn't be more pleased with the job the entire team has done.

Well, this thread is going well. Nice job, OP. Happy Thanksgiving. Kind of defines the football forum.

Thanks to Brent Camiglia for choosing to be a VOL, going 46 of 62 (.742) ranking 3rd in Tennessee history. He was 88 of 89 in extra points for his career. You didn't even get basic facts correct, OP.

Now, he gets a far superior graduate degree at one of the South's finest institutions while getting to play with childhood friend Austin Kent. What a horrible guy!
Which facts weren’t correct?

You’re right, I could or could not, just as you. I chose to, just like you. Happy Thanksgiving

Sheesh it’s a free country.

If you Don’t wanna see someone talking about ex players don’t click on the thread……..pretty simple really.

If you really hated seeing these kind of posts you’d probably not click or comment right? Unless you want to just virtue signal “look what a nice person I am for sticking up for these “kids” that left”

Anyway, GT is definitely something to consider if you’re going pro in something other than sports. And I think we upgraded the position anyways

Reactions: TennVols12
Or you could simply not comment if you don’t like the post. That’s totally up to you tho…
Or you could ignore posts that point out the flaws in your narative and/or hurt your feelings.

Just saying
Goose/gander

BC isnt likely to be in the NFL...an engineering diploma from GT is a powerful tool to have in your toolbox when starting your careeer.

He doesn’t need anybody to cover for him. He left a complete grease fire and got himself a free ticket to one of the best Management programs in the country. He doesn’t have to entertain us for free as if he joined the mafia or something.

Isn‘t it funny when the opposite happens we throw a parade for the incoming transfer?

Isn‘t it funny when the opposite happens we throw a parade for the incoming transfer?
And one further back when we were playing for championships, it would be why would that South Carolina kid want to stay in state when he can win championships here? Now its I can't believe the TN kids would abandon their home state and sign with Clemson or Alabama! Some of us are a miserable lot

Not sure why he transferred but GT is a good grad school for engineering and business management have to check what his degree was in...instead of tearing him down I'd like to thank Chase McGrath for giving us a very solid year...I'm sure he would have liked to have finished his career at USC but lost his job due to injury and probably saw the writing on the wall for the program....that said Brent's longest kick of the year was 37 yards and he was 0-over 40
McGrath has been awesome this year!...Those USC transfers have been good to us!

Dude you OK? Did you just find out Brent Cimaglia banged your girl and sister? I mean of all the ex-players you woke up and chose rage and violence on a f’n kicker? Do you go and pick fights with the elderly at the Cracker Barrel too? It’s Thanksgiving time guy…drink a beer….sit back…

View attachment 414697
Haha!...That is so damn funny!... I am laughing my tail off right now lmao!

In general I hate to see the lack of commitment from some of these athletes. Sometimes you’ve got to learn to adapt to change and grind it out to get to the other side. HOWEVER…

We don’t know what’s going on in the lives of these young men. I trust they are getting good counsel from coaching staff, admin, family, and Higher Power. It happens all too often on this site that players are trashed without giving them any consideration or benefit. Not cool.

Kicker…no excuse to transfer due to coaching. They aren’t even at practice 80% of the time with the team.

Good riddance.

11-15
Missed 3 extra points.

Go Vols.
Could have been avoiding issues with being paid

Could have been avoiding issues with being paid

Duh...........yeah. Was wndering where all these posters are from. We lost 1/3 of the team because they got paid and didn't want to wait for the axe tto fall here. So you just transfer and leave your mess behind.

He was a mediocre kicker at best. Better he stay in Atlanta.

Reactions: vegasvolfan
McGrath has been awesome this year!...Those USC transfers have been good to us!
Definitely...all 3 have contributed and seem like good character guys and great teammates...interesting note both Chase and Brent were top 10 rated kickers out of HS....Chase #2 and Brent #7....Like to see him get a chance at the NFL but he doesn't kickoff and I imagine teams with limited roster spots want someone who does both 20211125_080538.jpg20211125_080515.jpg

Supposedly he had a girl down there and that's what the move was really about. Can't blame a dude for that. It didn't hurt us, let it go.

Reactions: VolnJC
Before we start bashing kids for making a decision they are entitled to, keep in mind that Cimaglia opted out of the season with two games left, while Pruitt was still head coach. He made that decision due to injury and to focus on his mental well-being. Pruitt had gotten so bad that it wore those kids down and they just were not enjoying playing the game they love. Whenever he got to GT he said the locker room environment was significantly different compared to what it was at UT under Pruitt. Cimaglia thanked all the UT fans and called us the most passionate fan base. That should tell you all you need to know. No reason to bash this kid for wanting a change of scenery after the Pruitt experience. How would you feel if your coach (or boss for most of us) constantly berated you with no motivation to offset all the negative? Eventually it wears you down and you just want out. Cimaglia just wanted to get out of town and reset.

Staring down opponents and sometimes the opponents sideline after a made kick was always a little corny coming from a kicker in my opinion. I actually always felt a little embarrassed for him.

Well, this thread is going well. Nice job, OP. Happy Thanksgiving. Kind of defines the football forum.

Thanks to Brent Camiglia for choosing to be a VOL, going 46 of 62 (.742) ranking 3rd in Tennessee history. He was 88 of 89 in extra points for his career. You didn't even get basic facts correct, OP.

Now, he gets a far superior graduate degree at one of the South's finest institutions while getting to play with childhood friend Austin Kent. What a horrible guy!

Not sure I agree with “far superior”.

Good riddance.

11-15
Missed 3 extra points.

Go Vols.
What is the point of this post? By all accounts he is a fine you man and decided to move on. Never said bad things about UT.

VN Store

Back