Breakout Reciever This Year?

Meach.............................................. But who else would it be?

I think Bret Smith is going to have a breakout year. He made a couple of catches last year that really impressed me, especially one that he jumped up and really had to reach for. Can't remember the game though.

Originally posted by NashvilleVol@May 10, 2005 8:26 AM
I think Bret Smith is going to have a breakout year. He made a couple of catches last year that really impressed me, especially one that he jumped up and really had to reach for. Can't remember the game though.

Florida?

Originally posted by vols1@May 9, 2005 11:35 PM
recievers

whoever it is , let's just hope we return to the days of past and become
wide-receiver U again. GO VOLS

Probably Meachem, but I hope it's Hannon. Hopefully he will be back up to par with the rest of our guys... :cross:

I hope it's Chris Hannon even though I agree it will be Robert Meachem. I thought Hannon had a great 2003 and kinda let everyone down last year. He still had a couple of really nice catches in 2004. I hope he rebounds with a breakout year.

Speed and Size...Something both WR's have and you just can't teach that!

I think it might have been Florida. I remember it being in a crucial situation and he really came up big with the catch. That game was quite the nail biter.

Meachem has the most potential for a breakout year and if anyone does it will be him. However, as loaded as the receiving corps are, I the the passes will be spread out to much for one receiver to really have a "breakout" year.

Originally posted by milohimself@May 10, 2005 12:37 AM
Josh Briscoe.

Meachem well obiously be one of the best if not the best, but few people have heard of Josh Briscoe. So this year will be a bigger "breakout season" for him than it would be for Meachem.

Im Cj Fayton fan'' but it really doesnt matter! I believe with so many and so much skill'' There shouldnt be any dropped balls.

I'm going to go with Mechem and Hannon.......Smith will be our clutch receiver.....Meachem and Hannon will be the ones that move us down the field....I say we hit Smith this year for about 3 game winning TD's

i think we are just too deep to have one guy breakout.

it will be like last year when we had probaly the best receiving corp in the land. except we have improved this year.

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@May 10, 2005 7:20 PM
i think we are just too deep to have one guy breakout.

it will be like last year when we had probaly the best receiving corp in the land. except we have improved this year.

I think Southern California's recieving corps was far and away the best in 2004, but I think the Vols had a top 5 corps and possibly top 3.

Originally posted by cookeville_vol+May 10, 2005 3:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cookeville_vol @ May 10, 2005 3:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-milohimself@May 10, 2005 12:37 AM
Josh Briscoe.

Meachem well obiously be one of the best if not the best, but few people have heard of Josh Briscoe. So this year will be a bigger "breakout season" for him than it would be for Meachem. [/quote]
And I heard he tore it up in the O&W game.

Yeah, Briscoe looked solid at the O&W game for sure. So did Grimes for that matter. We are set at WR this year. :good:

VN Store

Back