Breaking: Vols’ schedule additions

Maybe UGA and BAMA's draws look easier for them because they're good. Let's stop complaining about "draws" and just be so good that everyone says "Man, UT should walk through those draws".

It should have been the next two teams on the cross division rotation. Objective and everybody scheduled by the same standard.

Ark got screwed by any standard and I’m not sure we will ever see Bama and Florida play in the regular season.

At the end of the day @99gator and @bamawriter can justify the fairness all they want. But the only truly fair way to do it was to hold to the rotation and keep the next opponents. Everybody is then scheduled by the same standard. It is what it is at that point.

The way it was done smells of leveling things out for the playoff hopefuls. If I were the ARK AD I would be raising holy hell.

Earlier in the thread, I typed out Alabama’s and Tennessee’s entire schedule and asked someone to explain to me what the major difference was.

No one has attempted to do that yet. Crickets

Reactions: bamawriter
Earlier in the thread, I typed out Alabama’s and Tennessee’s entire schedule and asked someone to explain to me what the major difference was.

No one has attempted to do that yet. Crickets

The difference is Bama dropped a good east team from their original schedule and picked up KY and Mizz.

I’ll say it again, and probably still get crickets and non-answers like yours. The better and more objective way to do this would have been to just keep the next two on the rotation. End of story and no debate, it is what it is.

Instead, the league tried to make this “fair” in the interest of playoff contenders.

somebody doesn't like mizzou and arky. ouch

Those two teams combined for 3 conference wins last year and both of them have new head coaches with a combined 1 year of head coaching experience. How many SEC games were those two teams going to win anyway? If you already suck bad enough to lose all/most your games, what's another couple losses going to do? Nothing.

The difference is Bama dropped a good east team from their original schedule and picked up KY and Mizz.

I’ll say it again, and probably still get crickets and non-answers like yours. The better and more objective way to do this would have been to just keep the next two on the rotation. End of story and no debate, it is what it is.

Instead, the league tried to make this “fair” in the interest of playoff contenders.

When you day "dropped an eastern team" what do you mean?

Reactions: Boca Vol
Tennessee travels to Auburn and gets Texas A&M at home.

No dates yet. Sounds like all the dates of existing games will be changed.

Someone posted this link in a thread. Great article. I didn’t know Pruitt had already beaten Malzhan twice before beating him two years ago in his first season at Tennessee with an undermanned team: once in HS with a lesser talented team and once in the NC when he was coaching at Florida State. He seems to have Gus’ number. So, maybe the Auburn draw isn’t such a bad thing.

Let us also remember we just got A&M’s running back coach in Jay Graham and Pruitt also used to coach for Jimbo as well. So, Pruitt knows the offenses he is facing in those two teams. Sure, you could argue Fisher knows both Pruitt and Graham, but I think there is more advantage in our coaches knowing Jimbo’s teams. These draws could have been much worse.

This will affect schedules for years. We will traveled to Auburn twice in a row. I doubt that the SEC will just go back to regular schedule for 2021.

You're acting like it was a choice between UK and Mizzou vs AU and A&M. That doesn't make any sense. If your gripe is that Bama isn't playing Florida, just say so.
It's not. They probably should. The issue I have is not that Bama isn't playing Florida, it's that the matchups aren't even across the conference. We arguably are playing 3 of the best 3 teams in the West. You, Auburn, and A&M. I think they will both be better than LSU. On the flip-side, you added possibly 2 of the worst 3 teams in the East. There you go.

When you day "dropped an eastern team" what do you mean?

I got confused between UGA and Florida.

The point still stands, the better way to do this would have been to just keep the cross rotation for the next two years. Objective and same standard for everybody.

I would bet the mortgage if the next two rotated opponents didn’t include a good team from the east for Bama that would have been the way they did it.

Bama's original schedule was UGA and UT. They're both still there.

If the league just kept the rotation they would be playing Florida. But that is objective and fair for the entire league. We simply can’t have that.

It's not. They probably should. The issue I have is not that Bama isn't playing Florida, it's that the matchups aren't even across the conference. We arguably are playing 3 of the best 3 teams in the West. You, Auburn, and A&M. I think they will both be better than LSU. On the flip-side, you added possibly 2 of the worst 3 teams in the East. There you go.

Bama began with #s 1 and 3 in the East and added 4 and 5.

Tennessee started with #s 2 and 8 in the West and added 3 and 4.

Where is the manifest unfairness? If your point is that the middle of the East is worse than the middle of the West, I agree. But what can be done for it?

Hey, w all the uncertainty of Covid, we might just win some of these games due to other teams forfeiting. You don't know!??

If one wants to claim unfairness, Florida and LSU only get one of the top 3 from the other division. I think the reason for that is that Florida played Auburn last year and they didn’t want to give Alabama a schedule with Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee

if LSU played Georgia or Tennessee, then Georgia or Tennessee would have the top 3 from the West on the schedule

Last edited:
If one wants to claim unfairness, Florida and LSU only get one of the top 3 from the other division. I think the reason for that is that Florida played Auburn last year and they didn’t want to give Alabama a schedule with Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee

The bigger question is ARK - from a fairness standpoint WTF?

This entire argument about fair or unfair is probably going to end up being a moot point anyway.

The MAC just cancelled their football season. Reports an hour later said Big Ten presidents are meeting this afternoon to discuss cancellation of season and that the PAC-12 will cancel if the Big Ten does.

At this point, it’s just a matter of time. I’ll be happy if we end up getting to play a brutal schedule because it will mean football happened.

This entire argument about fair or unfair is probably going to end up being a moot point anyway.

The MAC just cancelled their football season. Reports an hour later said Big Ten presidents are meeting this afternoon to discuss cancellation of season and that the PAC-12 will cancel if the Big Ten does.

At this point, it’s just a matter of time. I’ll be happy if we end up getting to play a brutal schedule because it will mean football happened.
Unfortunately true.

I still think we start the season, but have very little confidence we finish it.

I might actually be more bummed about not seeing the basketball team play. Could potentially be one of the best weve ever seen in orange.

VN Store

Back