Breaking: Vols’ schedule additions

Fulmer needs to bitch and complain to the SEC. This is straight up B.S. ...We play the bama tards every year and they get an easy draw as well as Kirby dumb. They are protecting those teams for the playoffs. SEC committee sucks . Its byast and unfair like always, but this time it's really really glaring!

I think you were going for "biased" and you're right, it is biased against Tennessee. However, it's not the SEC's job to be fair, it is the job of the conference to put their best teams in the position to make the playoff. Tennessee hasn't been good enough in the last 20 years to warrant any preferential treatment. If we want to be shown favoritism, then we need to win a couple of the harder games on the schedule.

Reactions: Volfan1000
This is a Coach Barnes type of schedule.

To be the best, you have to play and beat the best anytime.
Normally, I would agree with you as I am sick of paying premium prices for a seat in Neyland to watch OVC and MAC games. I also will not complain about the two teams we drew in this process.

My beef is with the SEC changing directions because Nick Saban did not want to play Florida and UGA in the same year. It became painfully obvious of corruption when the SEC also greased the skids for LSU and UGA so they could qualify for the playoffs. This is fixed and rigged. Other conferences have a legitimate grip against the SEC this year and I hope the polls reflect it at the end of the year.

Even as I am not complaining about our two opponents there was absolutely no reason UT did not pick up the next two rotational opponents like several other schools did except for the fact that we have a week athletic director who refused to call the conference out.

Reactions: GoVols15
Keep posting it. It's not that strong of an argument. You are acting like a three game swing is some monumental change in the power dynamics.

I never suggested that the difference is significant. My point was that the SEC did what it could to even off the schedules given the restraints of the existing schedule.

Bama started with 2 teams that were a combined 12-4 last year. The SEC added teams that went 6-10 combined.

Tennessee started with 2 teams that went 6-10 last year. They added teams that went 9-7.

It was not possible to completely level the playing field. I question how LSU got off so easy while Arkansas got so thoroughly shafted, but otherwise things were pretty fair.

Reactions: PandamoniumReigns
Arkansas just can't catch a break!! This year, we face them in the SEC rotation and then UF and UGA were there two added opponents! This means the Razorbacks have to play Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M, UT, UF, and UGA!!! I'd be surprised if they win one of them!!! They might as well opt out now to COVID!!

Exactly....for the UT fans whining, look at Arkansas' schedule!

Reactions: swampfoxfan
I never suggested that the difference is significant. My point was that the SEC did what it could to even off the schedules given the restraints of the existing schedule.

Bama started with 2 teams that were a combined 12-4 last year. The SEC added teams that went 6-10 combined.

Tennessee started with 2 teams that went 6-10 last year. They added teams that went 9-7.

It was not possible to completely level the playing field. I question how LSU got off so easy while Arkansas got so thoroughly shafted, but otherwise things were pretty fair.
You question how LSU got off so easy and think Bama was treated fairly. That is one of the best examples of hypocritical thinking I have ever seen on this board.

Reactions: VolsSince78
At some point in time you have to start beating teams that are "equal" to you. Would you rather have LSU and Ole Miss or Auburn and aTm? There is no way to escape good teams from the West plus we get Ark. Ole Miss may be a better draw but who knows.

This schedule is toughest in the country. Very difficult to crawl back into relevance this way. It’s garbage. I hope the SEC gets smashed in the playoffs, save Tennessee. I’m so done with this conference.

The team with the big beef is Texas A&M. They just got through the schedule from hell and were going to catch a break and they have to experience the schedule from hell again.

This schedule is toughest in the country. Very difficult to crawl back into relevance this way. It’s garbage. I hope the SEC gets smashed in the playoffs, save Tennessee. I’m so done with this conference.

UT's schedule is not tougher than Arkansas'.

Reactions: onevol74
WGWATFA!!!

They can drop Vandy and have us play LSU if the SEC will guarantee an unbiased and consistent team of referees for each of the games.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
I would not overestimate A&M this year. We still have Mond at QB, which is a liability. If he has to try to read a defense, or look past his 1st receiver, he struggles. Much like last year, if we cannot establish a running game, it will be a long season.

VN Store

Back