Breaking: Vols’ schedule additions

Fulmer is to blame. Obviously, he has about ZERO influence in the SEC. The pundits were right when they feared he was thought a joke by other AD's. Heres a huge piece of evidence
He’s the reason we got a good bowl game last year. But I don’t expect you to agree, considering you’re obvious bias

As much as I already despised uga and everything related to that trash program, my disgust with that program just took a dive. What a clear preference for Flobee and all of the trash fans of that trash program.

The only redeeming thing is that uga will choke even after being handed this gift, because that's what they do.

Trash program. Most annoying, whiny, needy fans in sports.
Notre dame also!!!

It’s also on the UT administration. I still go back to the almost 2 decades Tennessee played Ga & Fla back to back. Only occasionally was it broken up. Yet the first year Auburn decides they don’t want to play Ga & Ala in 3 weeks, the SEC changes the schedule for them.

UT played UGA & UF back to back for the 1st 4 seasons of division play ('92-'95). Fulmer and Dickey complained and in '96 it was changed. UGA was moved to later in the season. UT played UGA & UF back to back in '14, also.

Reactions: Catfishvfl
SEC is corrupt and are trying to hand it to Georgia and Alabama. It is obvious to the world. They made sure to screw Florida because they think Georgia is better than Florida but let me tell you this. Tennessee is better than Georgia this year and Florida is better than both. It's going to be tough to beat Florida with this schedule but if we do, then we can beat Georgia and put ourselves in a position to surprise. One good thing is our road games are not that hard. However, we won't be able to take over our home game with fans not being allowed or allowed in limited numbers. We get an 9 win team and a on the rise Tex and M. They screwed us and I hope someone does something to make it where Georgia, Florida, and Bama are on the outside looking in.
I knew this would be an entertaining cite today. So far your post takes the cake. Tell us how Florida got screwed. In the end, UGA has 3 top 15 teams and Florida now has 3 top 15 teams. You sound like a Clemson fan with all the "SEC is corrupt" nonsense.

It needed to level out this year because this year is an outlier that isn't part of the aggregate.

You can disagree with the league's decision to go this route. But this was their decision, and all-in-all they did okay with executing the plan. There was no way to be perfect.

First statement above is idiotic. If we get to play a season, this season will certainly be part of the "aggregate". If they use a scoreboard to determine wins and losses, list conference standings, and declare division/conference champs, then it's part of the "aggregate".

This decision was made by the SEC to create an easier path for its highest rated teams. It's about $. We get it. But, "fair" policy would be a blind draw to determine each team's additional games. And as long as the SEC office is in the cesspool city Birmingham in a cesspool state, we'll see natural Bama bias creep into decisions. Move it out of the 3rd world country to Charlotte. Don't need a Bama fan trying here to sell this as a fair minded solution, either.

Personally, I don't mind the addition of Auburn and A&M. Just hope we can play the games. But, I can certainly understand Vol fans' ire who are looking at it from a division championship standpoint. Our leading rival for the East division was handed an easier conference schedule today by design, and we were handed a tougher one.

Alabama's 4 East opponents went 18-14
Tennessee's 4 West opponents went 15-17

That's a little stat that gets the help of Arkansas vs. Georgia. I tell you what...would you trade Mizzou and Kentucky to play Auburn and A&M?

UT played UGA & UF back to back for the 1st 4 seasons of division play ('92-'95). Fulmer and Dickey complained and in '96 it was changed. UGA was moved to later in the season. UT played UGA & UF back to back in '14, also.
And ‘16. The majority of the years Tennessee’s first two SEC games have been Florida & Ga. sometimes separated by a non con game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boca Vol
I think you were going for "biased" and you're right, it is biased against Tennessee. However, it's not the SEC's job to be fair, it is the job of the conference to put their best teams in the position to make the playoff. Tennessee hasn't been good enough in the last 20 years to warrant any preferential treatment. If we want to be shown favoritism, then we need to win a couple of the harder games on the schedule.
Don't expect favoritism ,BUT I do expect fair. Expect it in how the game is called by refs, currently any close all is given to the SEC darlings.

At the end of the day @99gator and @bamawriter can justify the fairness all they want. But the only truly fair way to do it was to hold to the rotation and keep the next opponents. Everybody is then scheduled by the same standard. It is what it is at that point.

The way it was done smells of leveling things out for the playoff hopefuls. If I were the ARK AD I would be raising holy hell.

VN Store

Back