BREAKING: Grant Williams staying in NBA Draft

It'll be year 3 for Jalen Johnson, Fulkerson, Kent, Pons...year 3 has been when Barnes & staff have managed to get the most out of their players.

Bone went from 7.3 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 3.5 apg to 13.5 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 5.8 apg
Grant went from 15.2 ppg, 6.0 rpg 1.9 apg to 18.8 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 3.2 apg
Turner went from 10.9ppg, 3.2 rpg, 2.2 apg to 10.9 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 3.8 apg
Bowden went from 9.1 ppg 3.6 rpg, 1.9 apg to 10.6 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 1.9 apg
Admiral went from 8.2 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 0.8 apg to 13.9 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.5 apg

All those are sophomore to junior season.

It'll be year 3 for Jalen Johnson, Fulkerson, Kent, Pons...year 3 has been when Barnes & staff have managed to get the most out of their players.

Bone went from 7.3 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 3.5 apg to 13.5 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 5.8 apg
Grant went from 15.2 ppg, 6.0 rpg 1.9 apg to 18.8 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 3.2 apg
Turner went from 10.9ppg, 3.2 rpg, 2.2 apg to 10.9 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 3.8 apg
Bowden went from 9.1 ppg 3.6 rpg, 1.9 apg to 10.6 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 1.9 apg
Admiral went from 8.2 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 0.8 apg to 13.9 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.5 apg

All those are sophomore to junior season.
I sure hope Bowden and Turner can statistically improve more than they did last year. I know they had four other guys on the team that might have hindered their stats, but Kyle made around a 3 point jump this year also. We are going to be counting on them to make a Bone type of improvement next year.

It's a good move for him. He wasn't improving his draft position even if he came back averaging 30/10 and another POY based on his physical limitations.

Rooting for him in the NBA!

Reactions: Vols All Day
Good luck to Williams!

He’s served his purpose here and I support his decision to stay in the draft.

Big time. This dude has great things ahead of him. Not just basketball, but life. A true winner and try student athlete who did it the right way on and off the court.

I sure hope Bowden and Turner can statistically improve more than they did last year. I know they had four other guys on the team that might have hindered their stats, but Kyle made around a 3 point jump this year also. We are going to be counting on them to make a Bone type of improvement next year.

Turner was limited in minutes by injury & Bone getting more court time.

Bowden I felt improved a lot in his overall game. He should see more minutes and thus better production this year as a senior.

let"s nit diss on others. Let's give congrats to our great season we just had! Wish all our VFL's best of luck in the draft, and pray CRB can come close to pulling the rabbit out of the hat again. Haven't the last 2 years been great. We've never been #1 for a whole month! Under Pearl we were for a week, and that was great too. Let's celebrate what we had and bring on next year.
I like you

Reactions: aWhiteLoftonChism
Not even close to the same situation.

Well, there sure are a lot of similarities. Giant man on campus, check. Great character player, check. SEC Player of Year, check. National finalist for POY, check. First round projected (PM even higher), check. Leaving behind a national contender, check. Either choice by either player would have been a good one. They both worked themselves into a great position.

The guy said "just saying". What he said is pretty dang accurate. Even if it is against today's conventional wisdom.

Hate to see him go but he’s projected first round. A lot could happen if he came back to college for another year. Happy for him. Best of luck Grant!

VN Store

Back