Brandon Huntley-Hatfield enters the transfer portal

Aidoo wasn’t healthy and was planning to red shirt until ON was injured. Ought to get the facts straight before second guessing Barnes there.

I never stated otherwise. But BHH kept getting a lot more minutes than Aidoo even after he did start playing. Sorry I dared question Barnes.

Also, Aidoo first played against ETSU in November. His redshirt was burned way before ON got injured. Ought to get those facts straight.

I never stated otherwise. But BHH kept getting a lot more minutes than Aidoo even after he did start playing. Sorry I dared question Barnes.

Also, Aidoo first played against ETSU in November. His redshirt was burned way before ON got injured. Ought to get those facts straight.
My guess is that they would have tried to milk his knee discomfort as a season-ending injury that would have preserved his redshirt by virtue of medical reasons and thus the early season appearance vs ETSU wouldn't have mattered.

Louisville is now 0-7, this time a 25 point loss to Maryland (who we play in a couple weeks). He had 8 points and 8 rebounds in 32 minutes.

He hasn't really progressed at all, he's just playing more minutes. He's averaging less points, rebounds, and blocks per 40 minutes compared to last year also with a lower FG% and 3P%. He is averaging more steals and assists, with less fouls.

He has a -5.1 overall rating compared to a -1.3 last year (the difference between offensive rating and defensive rating). This is all to say, the grass isn't always greener. Would you rather be coming off a B4A championship after beating the #3 team and defending national champion, or not having a single wing a month into the season? Tough call.

Louisville looked very disinterested during the game last night and Maryland will be a very tough opponent for us to play on December 11th.

I just wish we would let this thread make a big dive down the board. He is no longer a part of our program due to his own volition and created more minutes for Aidoo who IT APPEARS TO ME is a much better cultural fit into Coach's systems on both sides of the ball. More mediocrity or worse with him and his current team should not be a featured item on our board. Too many more relevant topics to kick around from this lurker's (on this board) point of view.
I’m sure it would drop if Louisville could win a game…

Well they can look at the bright side. When they get a win they'll be able to say, "were on our best run of the season."

Reactions: Golf freak
Well they can look at the bright side. When they get a win they'll be able to say, "were on our best run of the season."
And on the negative side, if they lose to both Florida State and FAMU, there may not be another winnable game on their schedule.

What was funny about him transferring? If he wasn't happy for whatever reason he has moved on why can't you just get over it?

Who said it was funny he transferred? I was extremely high on BHH.
I thought it was funny. People’s delusions are funny to me. It’s sad for him, because he has people around him who are delusional and filling his mind with cancerous ideas of himself. But he probably should have listened to a hall of fame coach over his family. At the end of the day he’s old enough to make his own choices, and when you make that stupid of a decision (like your mom knows more than a 700 wins type coach) you are going to be laughed at. I said it when he transferred, and got roasted for it, but it’s true. There’s plenty of BHH’s out there. Majority of the time the difference between a average D1 player, and a guy who makes it to the next level, is choices and the people you surround yourself with. Talent and athleticism only take you so far.

I think it's great that he loves his Mom, but both of them need to listen to experts with track records of success. That's why they came here in the first place - to play for and be coached by a future Hall of Fame coach. Did they think he was just a "yes" man? I honestly feel bad for them both. Mom's trying hard to help her kid and is not an expert, and the son is trying to listen to his Mom. Both need a good dose of self criticism and restraint. He will play professionally somewhere. He's too gifted to miss that opportunity. However, he likely won't maximize his potential.

I think it's great that he loves his Mom, but both of them need to listen to experts with track records of success. That's why they came here in the first place - to play for and be coached by a future Hall of Fame coach. Did they think he was just a "yes" man? I honestly feel bad for them both. Mom's trying hard to help her kid and is not an expert, and the son is trying to listen to his Mom. Both need a good dose of self criticism and restraint. He will play professionally somewhere. He's too gifted to miss that opportunity. However, he likely won't maximize his potential.
The mighty power and attraction of money destroys many.

Reactions: Lurker
But, at the end of the day BHH and his family has moved on so has Coack Barnes and the Tennessee's basketball team.

VN Store

Back