Bracketology

Kentucky above us too? Is this all due to D. West not being eligible?
I think people underestimate how utterly atrocious JP Prince is as a primary ballhandler. If the Josh Tabb experiment doesn't work, this team will be hard pressed to stay ahead of Vanderbilt.

Our football season was *hit....I not going to think that Bruce wont lead our basketball team to an SEC title. Time to start thinking positive about our Basketball team. Let's go Vols....I know were young but I need something to cheer about:clapping:

I think people underestimate how utterly atrocious JP Prince is as a primary ballhandler. If the Josh Tabb experiment doesn't work, this team will be hard pressed to stay ahead of Vanderbilt.

Well CJ really didn't have much of a backup with Bradshaw at PG in 05-06... but CJ >>>> Maze at this point.

CJ had to play a lot of minutes. Almost the whole game if I remember right. But hopefully Tabb turns out to do well. I still have nightmares of Prince in the NCAA tourney last year.

Last edited:
Well CJ really didn't have much of a backup with Bradshaw at PG in 05-06... but CJ >>>> Maze at this point.

CJ had to play a lot of minutes. Almost the whole game if I remember right. But hopefully Tabb turns out to do well. I still have nightmares of Prince in the NCAA tourney last year.

Bradshaw>Tabb and Prince at pg

Which tells you all one needs to know about what a mess this team has at PG.

there's a mess with the backup.. but its better than last season where we didnt have a pg at all.. a lot of great teams have average pg's with enough talent around them to still be a great team.. i think this team is that kind of team... bottomline is that i dont think our pg play will be as exposed as it was last year simply because we'll always have 4 other guys on the floor that are serious threats... when Jajuan or Chris werent hitting 3's we didnt have one single option last season and it showed

Bradshaw>Tabb and Prince at pg

Wait to see Tabb play before you judge that. Bradshaw took care of the ball, but was no scoring threat at all when he was at point. He was a better scorer as a 6'4 power foward. He couldn't drive to the basket at all in 2005-06.

All there were asking him to do was to take care of the ball and not turn it over then - similar to Howell's role.. and Bradshaw would occasionally bank in a 3.

there's a mess with the backup.. but its better than last season where we didnt have a pg at all.. a lot of great teams have average pg's with enough talent around them to still be a great team.. i think this team is that kind of team... bottomline is that i dont think our pg play will be as exposed as it was last year simply because we'll always have 4 other guys on the floor that are serious threats... when Jajuan or Chris werent hitting 3's we didnt have one single option last season and it showed

Then what's gonna happen if Hopson or Tatum aren't draining 3s? Can Tyler Smith carry an entire team on his back? He's a great player but I'm not sure he can do that. JaJuan and Chris bailed this team out a lot over the last few years with clutch 3s.

Josh Selby can't get here fast enough.

Ramar Smith at the D-I level=Two seasons as the primary starting point guard for Sweet Sixteen participants.
Bobby Maze at the D-I level=Five starts for an awful Oklahoma team.

Ramar Smith at the D-I level=Two seasons as the primary starting point guard for Sweet Sixteen participants.
Bobby Maze at the D-I level=Five starts for an awful Oklahoma team.

uhh make that one good season and one awful season as the primary pg on a sweet 16 team

Ramar was about our only option that season other than Lofton and jajuan knocking down 3's and you said it best.. an awful Oklahoma team.. Tennessee is anything but awful.. Chris Paul himself couldnt have saved that Oklahoma team

uhh make that one good season and one awful season as the primary pg on a sweet 16 team

Ramar was about our only option that season other than Lofton and jajuan knocking down 3's and you said it best.. an awful Oklahoma team.. Tennessee is anything but awful.. Chris Paul himself couldnt have saved that Oklahoma team
Maze couldn't get on the floor for consistent minutes with that awful team. That should tell you something.

Which tells you all one needs to know about what a mess this team has at PG.

At least we have Tyler Smith. I realize that having a power forward bringing the ball down isn't the ideal situation, but he's as good as ball handler as any on this team in a half court set.

Then what's gonna happen if Hopson or Tatum aren't draining 3s? Can Tyler Smith carry an entire team on his back? He's a great player but I'm not sure he can do that. JaJuan and Chris bailed this team out a lot over the last few years with clutch 3s.

Josh Selby can't get here fast enough.

Chism needs to step up to be part of that scoring threat. His ability to finally take his game to the next level will determine where we fall in the SEC this year. Hopefully Hopson and Tatum will be option 3 and 4.

VN Store

Back