Box score SIU

Refs need to stop the rugby style of playing under the basket. It's ridiculous. If they are going to let them play that way, don't handicap the larger player when they move someone.

They also can't start calling fouls when you bump someone setting a screen and they fall down like they've been hit by a semi.

Four really positive players in this game Key 13, Dye 16, Walker 16, Miles 7. Puckett came on to get even after poor first half minutes. I think she is well suited to play the four as a stretch player. She can pop out and knock down the three, mid-range and inside for layups. I think on defense she has to guard inside not well suited to guard the perimeter.

One thing about Key getting fouls. When the opposing center is like six inches shorter Key’s elbows are head high on the kid. Plus she looks like the bully in the crowd. I say this a little tongue in cheek but she can’t hide anything when she is that much taller.

Four really positive players in this game Key 13, Dye 16, Walker 16, Miles 7. Puckett came on to get even after poor first half minutes. I think she is well suited to play the four as a stretch player. She can pop out and knock down the three, mid-range and inside for layups. I think on defense she has to guard inside not well suited to guard the perimeter.

Rae's offensive efficiency was huge in this game. So were Walker's free throws.

Reactions: 37620VOL
The Lady Vols Better get better if they are to do anything. THAT was so hard to watch.. 2 LV's were guarding one SI player on the baseline and STILL let the girl go around them and lay it up and IN. Who is teaching these Girls? Anyways; that 10 point W was very deceiving.

Yikes, pretty underwhelming start to Kellie's pivotal third season...

200.gif

Reactions: vettefool
Check out the plus minus stats. In 14 minutes played Key was plus 13. She is so important and has to learn to stay out of foul trouble.

Coach Kellie:

On what changed when the Lady Vols ended the game on a 17-2 run…
"Tamari Key. It is not complicated. She was on the court. When she is on the court, she affects the other team. Her minutes were primarily played in the fourth quarter, and that is why the score ended up like it did."

With Key, they were a winning combination.

Per UTSports:

Walker and Sara Puckett came through in the clutch when the Lady Vols needed it. The two hit back-to-back 3-pointers halfway through the fourth after Tennessee had missed its first 13 tries from beyond the arc. They combined for 14 points in the final period as Walker contributed nine, Puckett five.

VN Store

Back