Bowling Green

Nocleats

I know, I know, they aren't in the SEC and we are loading up, but this is a very good football team. They finished in the top 25, won their bowl game andreturn almost all of their starters next year.. If you watch their offense they basically run the same offense that Tennessee does and their QB has a great arm and good WRs. They should get Tennessees full attention as early season upsets are more common than late season.
IMO they are much better than Utah State or Ark St, both of whom were not bad at all.

bowling green falcons highlights 2014 - Bing Videos

Didn't we go through this similiar situation a year ago with Utah State and Chuckie on the schedule?

Reactions: 9 people
I know, I know, they aren't in the SEC and we are loading up, but this is a very good football team. They finished in the top 25, won their bowl game andreturn almost all of their starters next year.. If you watch their offense they basically run the same offense that Tennessee does and their QB has a great arm and good WRs. They should get Tennessees full attention as early season upsets are more common than late season.
IMO they are much better than Utah State or Ark St, both of whom were not bad at all.

except they lose about 7 or 8 starters on their defense that gave up 34 ppg.

also have a defensive front 7 that averages about 230lbs combined. extremely small.

Reactions: 3 people
Your missing the point, there is no panic in my mind, but this is not Austin Peay or UT Chatt either..

Utah States Defense is up a couple notches compared to this BGSU defense. Its atrocious.

Reactions: 1 person
Your missing the point, there is no panic in my mind, but this is not Austin Peay or UT Chatt either..

im not missing the point. I just dont think there is any point to make. They are not great. lose their entire defense that was garbage anyways and you said they returned almost everyone. They have 250lb-260lb DT's and 195lb LB's. They cant stop anyone. They didnt stop anyone in their league. Its easier to finish in the top 25 when you play a crap schedule so i dont see why you threw that statement in there.

Reactions: 3 people
5-3 in the MAC won't exactly leave us quaking in our boots. CBJ will have our guys ready but our fans don't have any reason to have this game circled.

I threw it in because people like you want to blow up posts, for what reason I have no idea nor do I care.. I just found a highlight of Tenns first opponent and put it on here, if you find it objectionable or if my wording is not up to your journalistic expectations, I truly apologize, you are truly smarter and a better human than I am..

I threw it in because people like you want to blow up posts, for what reason I have no idea nor do I care.. I just found a highlight of Tenns first opponent and put it on here, if you find it objectionable or if my wording is not up to your journalistic expectations, I truly apologize, you are truly smarter and a better human than I am..

I believe some of the angst/ire is generated because the OP is worded as if the coaching staff would be looking past a game on the schedule. I have seen nothing to indicate that any team on the schedule, no matter how "trivial", will ever be overlooked by a CBJ staff.

Hmm...a few corrections here:

(1) They did not finish in the top 25, not AP nor USA Today. Might be some top 25 list out there that they got into, but they didn't even get any points for votes in the final 2014 AP & USAT polls.

(2) Won their bowl game, yes...against South Alabama, of the Sun Belt, who went 6-7 on the year. Not a great indicator.

(3) Their record on the year (2014) was 8-6. Yes, one more win than Tennessee, but against such mighty foes as Kent State, Buffalo, Akron, and VMI. Their signature win was vs. Indiana. Among their losses? Toledo, Ball State, and a directional Michigan team.

BGSU are not Boise State, or even Marshall. They are not a very good mid-major football team, much less a very good football team without qualification.

Not trying to disrespect the team, just pointing out an undeniable truth: they are not a threat, unless our team make them one by looking past them. I think we can count on the coaches to keep our players focused on the game at hand. Leaving us fans free to largely ignore them in the off-season as they deserve. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back