Florida: Orange Bowl

Alabama: Cotton Bowl

Auburn: Citrus Bowl

Tennessee: Outback Bowl

Texas A&M: Texas Bowl

Kentucky: Music City Bowl

Mississippi State: Belk Bowl

Then who do you see in the Gator Bowl?

With Bama out of the playoff mix and UGA most likely losing to LSU this weekend, there's not really a realistic chance of a Florida bowl game anymore. I think they end up in Nashville or Memphis.
Wrong Bama to Citrus UGa to Sugar AU to Outback UT to Gator

We will know more with the playoff rankings tonight.

But after Oregon, Baylor and Wisconsin lose their championship games, I think they all drop behind Florida and Alabama.

I also will be curious who is ranked higher, Florida or Alabama

Music City - $5,650,000
Belk - $4,505,556
Gator - $3,168,292 (lowest of the pool of six bowls)
This has been hashed out many times on the many threads we have about bowls. After the second gets their cut, it’s like UT gets 200k more than the other bowls. So the group of six payout to the schools is the same.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
We will know more with the playoff rankings tonight.

But after Oregon, Baylor and Wisconsin lose their championship games, I think they all drop behind Florida and Alabama.

Bama, they lost to LSU by less

LSU: Playoff

Georgia: Sugar Bowl

Florida: Orange Bowl

Alabama: Cotton Bowl

Auburn: Citrus Bowl

Tennessee: Outback Bowl

Texas A&M: Texas Bowl

Kentucky: Music City Bowl

Mississippi State: Belk Bowl

I don't see them sending Georgia for a second straight Sugar Bowl.

The committee determines which bowl matchups they want, and then come up with rankings to fit those matchups. Do they want Florida in the Orange and Alabama in the Cotton? Or the other way around? I'm guessing they'll want the former, so Florida will be ranked higher.

I just read one ESPN expert (laughable) predict Bama in the Cotton against Memphis. He added that it’s notable to point out that Bama hasn’t faired well against Tiger mascots as of late. That line would have to be Bama -35

This has been hashed out many times on the many threads we have about bowls. After the second gets their cut, it’s like UT gets 200k more than the other bowls. So the group of six payout to the schools is the same.

But you want to be the program that's making big money for the conference. It's a long-term play, but it matters.

But you want to be the program that's making big money for the conference. It's a long-term play, but it matters.
If we are always going to the group of six it doesn’t really matter. To get Bama treatment you gotta start playing in NY6 and playoffs.

Reactions: Doberman
The problem I have is the payouts should coordinate with the pecking order. All the music city bowl does is pay out of lot of money to get a bad matchup that is why they always want a nearby team in their bowl to help with attendance. The music city should be lobbying for a higher picking order if they are paying out more than bowls that pick ahead of them. This just doesn't apply to the Music city. It should be about getting the best matchups from top to bottom, that is what people want to see. GBO!

Selfishly, I would love it to be the Music City Bowl. New Years in Nashville would be great!

Bama, they lost to LSU by less

if you are going by eye test or who would win if they played, I’m inclined to agree it would be Bama.

Based on resume, it would be Florida. Despite margin, I actually think Florida competed against LSU better than Alabama did. But the obvious is that Florida beat Auburn and Alabama didn’t.

Florida has beaten 6 bowl eligible teams and Alabama has beaten 4.

Again, I want people to make sure they read the first paragraph of this post. But, Florida has a better resume.

I’m also inclined to agree with the poster who wrote that this is more about backroom deals with bowl committees than it is eye test or resume

I hope they don't do that to Nashville. Liberty versus Miami would draw about 30,000 max
I believe this is Liberty’s first bowl. I imagine that would cause for more travel from Lynchburg than normal. They also have a metric ton of alumni.

On another note: Liberty in the Liberty Bowl would be fun

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Gator Bowl vs Indy or Iowa ...……

and I really hope so since I live in Jacksonville, Fl and I would be able to take my kids!!!

I posted this in another thread dealing with this topic.

Latest prediction from 247 (52 minutes ago)

Outback Bowl Projection: Wisconsin vs. Tennessee

VN Store

Back