Bowl games , Playoff

If there is a champion this year. The team will and fans of that team will count it of course but it will have a bit of an *. Alabama claims a championship from during WWII that most people think is trash. Auburn disputes that the Iron Bowl even happened that year because Bama played an intramural team since most men on campus had left for the war.

If there is a champion this year. The team will and fans of that team will count it of course but it will have a bit of an *. Alabama claims a championship from during WWII that most people think is trash. Auburn disputes that the Iron Bowl even happened that year because Bama played an intramural team since most men on campus had left for the war.

What year are you talking about? Bama claims 1941, and it's a garbage claim, but the stuff about the Iron Bowl is completely made up. Bama and Auburn didn't play at all from 1907 until 1948.

Expand the playoffs to 8 teams this year and have all teams the play this fall play in a bowl game too.

They won't be putting together an ad hoc playoff within a few months. That's pie in the sky talk.

I just gave you 3/4 of it. Need to find a formula for the 4th team and seeding. Straight forward team and network coverage logistics. No fans in the stands meaning no large fan base to mobilize, so first games played at higher seeded team's stadiums. "Championship" game played at neutral site. Only deals to work out are venues, TV, advertising and subsequent revenue sharing. Sure those can be done pretty quickly. Done.

Of course there is a lot more to it, but if my pea brain can spitball it, you don't think discussions aren't already happening? There are a ton of scenarios flying, or should be. If not, people need to be fired. Money is a fantastic motivator for speed. And you will have a near captive audience.

Follow Spurrier's advice,champion from SEC vrs.champion from ACC.These teams were going to be there anyway,check out the last several years to prove that out.Big ten,Pac 12-who the he'll cares?

The SEC has delayed renewal of tickets for the championship game in Atlanta but they indicate renewals will start in October when they have better grasp on how many fans will be allowed.

Reactions: HalfullVol
What year are you talking about? Bama claims 1941, and it's a garbage claim, but the stuff about the Iron Bowl is completely made up. Bama and Auburn didn't play at all from 1907 until 1948.
Sorry I should've looked it up. I was sure it was it happened in an SEC rivalry and conflated it with the Bama 41 title. It did happen but it was GT-UGA. GT had essentially an ROTC program and fielded a real team during the war and UGA only had young men rejected by the army essentially, UGA doesn't count two of the games from the war.

Oh, they will figure out a way to "appoint" a team from the playless conferences, likely will have O. St. as one of the "final 4" because they will be fresh and at full strength and based on preseason hype, they must be good enough. Normal BS....

Oh, they will figure out a way to "appoint" a team from the playless conferences, likely will have O. St. as one of the "final 4" because they will be fresh and at full strength and based on preseason hype, they must be good enough. Normal BS....
Clemson will already be that team that is fresh and at full strength.

The four teams would be the 3 conference winners and the best remaining ranked team. Most likely a second SEC team.

I’ve always said, the next greatest prize in college football to a national title, and it’s only a small half-step behind that, is winning the SEC title. Whoever wins the SEC this year will have had an amazing season, national title or not.

The season will be postponed within a couple weeks. The only real question is will they play college football in the spring, what month does it begin, will there be a playoff or will a committee determine the national champion? What you see from the remaining three conferences is nothing more than posturing and delaying the inevitable.

The season will be postponed within a couple weeks. The only real question is will they play college football in the spring, what month does it begin, will there be a playoff or will a committee determine the national champion? What you see from the remaining three conferences is nothing more than posturing and delaying the inevitable.
5F1C07C3-0195-45EE-90C5-D2764BB79FF4.gif

Not to sound like a prick but if you win the SEC and beat Clemson you are the national champion, full stop. I know the Big 10 is a "historically" great conference and Ohio State is legitimately good but beyond that I am not impressed.

Pass on spring football.

Not to sound like a prick but if you win the SEC and beat Clemson you are the national champion, full stop. I know the Big 10 is a "historically" great conference and Ohio State is legitimately good but beyond that I am not impressed.
Your not impressed with Oregon and Penn. St?

Sure boogie woogie............

Your not impressed with Oregon and Penn. St?

Penn State seems like they may have been decent this year but I would still guess they would be a 2 or 3 loss team in the SEC. I like Oregon but the Pac 12 has not been competing at the national level for awhile. Can you imagine Oregon against a SEC defense week in and week out. I bet it would be brutal.

The four teams would be the 3 conference winners and the best remaining ranked team. Most likely a second SEC team.

I’ve always said, the next greatest prize in college football to a national title, and it’s only a small half-step behind that, is winning the SEC title. Whoever wins the SEC this year will have had an amazing season, national title or not.
You are forgetting Notre Dame is ACC this year. They could lose five games and still make the playoffs with all their jacked up, biased rules.

Reactions: Jaws

VN Store

Back