Bowden played his best game yet this season

Yes, like I told my Dad, that's the first time I can remember him hitting big three's down the stretch in a game that really meant something.

Yes he did. One time though early on the ball was swung to him on the left wing and he past up a wide open three back to Bone. Bone swung it right back to him if to say SHOOT THE BALL!!! Which he did finally and buried it. Great game Jordan. Really impressed with his defense!

I had the same observation as the above. I hope it turns into consistency and confidence for him. This team is capable of going far,IMO.

I’ve been very critical of him in the past but he stepped up today. Congrats to him.

Yes he did. One time though early on the ball was swung to him on the left wing and he past up a wide open three back to Bone. Bone swung it right back to him if to say SHOOT THE BALL!!! Which he did finally and buried it. Great game Jordan. Really impressed with his defense!

Actually, he passed it back to him three times...and it was clear to me he was demanding Jordy take the shot! He did, just nylon. :)

Reactions: tennrich1
It was really good seeing him step up today. I hope he continues to have the confidence he had today . We really have a good wing rotation starting with AD, Pons, JB23, and hopefully LT. I really liked what I saw from Pons today, he is only going to get better on offense.

My favorite part was seeing him not hesitate. Too many times we just see him stand in the corner, he found that aggressiveness and that was crucial.

Reactions: Vols All Day
always had the feeling Zags would blow it open - but GOOD COACHING and patience on those 2nd half offensive possessions were key - as I fully confess were stressful - but they moved the ball - got good looks and made shots........particularly Bowden and Schofield,

Bowden suffers from a lack of confidence, so that's why Barnes taking Jordan out of the starting line-up surprised me. I am hoping Barnes inserts Bowden back in the starting lineup and demand's Jordan hoist 10 to 12 shots a game-- we need his perimeter shooting, which would open the floor for our Bigs.

If Turner is unable to back up Bone at the point guard position and Bowden gets into foul trouble, I think you could see Brad Woodson come in and spell Bone at the point guard position for 3 to 5 minutes a game.

Bowden suffers from a lack of confidence, so that's why Barnes taking Jordan out of the starting line-up surprised me. I am hoping Barnes inserts Bowden back in the starting lineup and demand's Jordan hoist 10 to 12 shots a game-- we need his perimeter shooting, which would open the floor for our Bigs.

Bingo! We have a winner. If Jordy ever gets his mind right there will be no stopping him. He CAN shoot the lights out. The lingering question is WILL he! After what he did Sunday, he just might. I sure hope so. :)

So many people wanted to dog him and say he doesn’t perform against the top teams...crickets.
To be fair, criticism of him was warranted. I have been one of his critics, and I won’t let one good game instantly change my opinion to believe he is suddenly the second coming of Ray Allen. I think we have too much of that already. Wildly shifting, manic opinions and hot takes based on a single result which ultimately be the outlier.

Let’s wait a minute and see if he is able to maintain, or perhaps, even build on this performance. Hopefully it was a major confidence boost to him. It certainly isn’t a talent issue. You don’t nearly lead the nation in 3-pt shooting for almost half a season last year by pure luck. It is completely mental and confidence-based.

What does it matter whether he starts or not if he still plays 30mpg like he did yesterday?

To be fair, criticism of him was warranted. I have been one of his critics, and I won’t let one good game instantly change my opinion to believe he is suddenly the second coming of Ray Allen. I think we have too much of that already. Wildly shifting, manic opinions and hot takes based on a single result which ultimately be the outlier.

Let’s wait a minute and see if he is able to maintain, or perhaps, even build on this performance. Hopefully it was a major confidence boost to him. It certainly isn’t a talent issue. You don’t nearly lead the nation in 3-pt shooting for almost half a season last year by pure luck. It is completely mental and confidence-based.

That’s my point...those being critical of him are asking/expecting more from him than what his game/role is. Yesterday was not a Ray Allen performance, it was pretty much a best case of what you can ask for from Bowden, as I’ve been saying for a long time that’s not a bad thing.

VN Store

Back