Both QB.s to play Saturday

fade route

Just being honest
I actually would consider starting Garauntano, as good as Dormady was. Just see how he responds as the starter. Gives Jones more data to consider going into UF

volfan102455

I actually would consider starting Garauntano, as good as Dormady was. Just see how he responds as the starter. Gives Jones more data to consider going into UF
So you would bench Dormady? That is exactly what it would be - bench the QB that helped win a double OT come from behind game against a good team.

What message does that send?

volfan102455

Is there any video or audio of the interview where CBJ talked about this? Call me jaded, I just don't trust anything the media writes anymore. They twist words too much.

Sp4nk3yGuffm4n

Is there any video or audio of the interview where CBJ talked about this? Call me jaded, I just don't trust anything the media writes anymore. They twist words too much.
Yeah there is a post practice interview from today. I saw it live on Facebook. He was asked about JG playing and he said he wanted to get him plenty of playing time on Sat.

joevol33

trampoline king
Good. We'll see them both against the same team, and get a feel for JG. I just hope it isn't late in the game when we see him, and him just handing the ball off.

Orange_Crush

I'm Dr. Rosen Rosen
Telling?

“JG (Guarantano) is going to have to always be ready play, and he’s going to have to always prepare and approach the game like he’s the starter and be ready to go in at the drop of a dime. We all know football turns really quickly.” --Scott

KBVol

Don't think we needed an article or coach's proclamation to know that both are gonna play Saturday. Last week such a pronouncement would've been news, this week it's a forgone conclusion. I expect to see McBride as well.

fade route

Just being honest
So you would bench Dormady? That is exactly what it would be - bench the QB that helped win a double OT come from behind game against a good team.

What message does that send?

I wouldn't consider it benching him - not like you're pulling him mid game after an interception. You're playing a crap opponent that probably won't get within 14 points of us so it's more like saving Dormady from potential injury in a meaningless game while letting the malcontent feel special and get valuable game experience as the starter.

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
"Jones defended Guarantano, however, saying that he doesnÂ’t put backup quarterbacks on the headsets, anyway, and that Guarantano is a team player who respects all of his teammates"

Wonder why Butch doesn't put his backup on the headset?

VN Store