Boston College (2-6) vs #16 NC State (7-2)

Not making excuses, but I'd bet the vibe is not too cool on campus this week. They're dealing with the fourth campus suicide this semester.

Reynolds Colesium and David Thompson
I went to a game in Reynolds when I was really little. Back when it was Corchiani and Rodney Monroe. Fire and Ice. Reynolds used to get loud. The new place is nice, I’ve been there a ton. Watched the Vols go and lose to State some years back. Had a luxury box seats given to me and a friend and we had a pretty big time. The atmosphere doesn’t touch the old place though.

Reactions: Pappy
I went to a game in Reynolds when I was really little. Back when it was Corchiani and Rodney Monroe. Fire and Ice. Reynolds used to get loud. The new place is nice, I’ve been there a ton. Watched the Vols go and lose to State some years back. Had a luxury box seats given to me and a friend and we had a pretty big time. The atmosphere doesn’t touch the old place though.

I went to a lot of games in Reynolds as a student. It was intense for rivalry games against UNC, Duke or Wake. Students sat behind the buckets in slowly inclined temporary seats. Not great for seeing things but probably intimidating for opposing shooters to see and hear the crazies as they shot. Before TV, they also turned lights off the seats and only highlighted the court. Great atmosphere.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I went to a lot of games in Reynolds as a student. It was intense for rivalry games against UNC, Duke or Wake. Students sat behind the buckets in slowly inclined temporary seats. Not great for seeing things but probably intimidating for opposing shooters to see and hear the crazies as they shot. Before TV, they also turned lights off the seats and only highlighted the court. Great atmosphere.
Reynolds was definitely intimidating. I like the fact that they keep the students near the floor at PNC. That gives it a better college feel than most big pro stadiums like that. I’ve sat with/behind the Duke bench 2 or 3 times and it was brutal. I don’t know how people keep their cool after hearing some of the stuff I heard .

My friends & I sat behind Frank McGuire when he coached the Gamecocks one snowy Saturday afternoon.We razed him the whole game. Bobby Cremins was his point guard!

VN Store

Back