Bone vs Watson

Career stats Watson...
If Bone keeps up the pace this year and stays for his senior season (yes, I hate to say that), Bone will blow Watson's career numbers out of the water.
Plus, as much as I loved Watson as a point guard, Bone has more speed and quickness and is doing some amazing things with his athleticism and decision making.

Last edited:
Bone is more explosive, but Watson was the better shooter. But Watson was explosive enough, and Bone isn't a terrible shooter. Tough call.

Reactions: Vols All Day
But I have never seen a player that could take it coast to coast faster than Tony Harris. But he had his issues. And damn, he was ugly.

Tough one. I think Watson was a better fit than Bone for the teams that he was on, because he was counted on to be our #2 scorer, and I think Bone is a better fit for the current team that is full of players that can score.

Reactions: sccshortstop
Bone has better players around him than Watson did. Bone is the better point guard than Watson because of that fact.

Hardly a fair comparison imo. Watson played with those guys. Bone plays with these guys. Cj was a better shooter and Bone has more speed and plays with better players. If Bone would get a little arc on his shot who knows how good he can be but has definitely improved overall

Reactions: sccshortstop
Junior year numbers:

Watson 34.9mpg 11.9ppg 3.3rpg 5.0apg 3.1topg
Bone 31.8mpg 14.2ppg 2.6rpg 6.3apg 1.7topg
Going by this, Bone’s A/TO stat might put him over the top, although I agree that they both fit their particular teams equally well.

It’s a close call but I would take Bone. He’s just always under control and knows what to do with the basketball every time down the floor. He’s a true floor general and that’s hard to come by.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Hard to answer because Bone just now really coming into his own, so I'll say both...only real area we have depth issue at is point.

Last two games have been so sweet to watch...first, just the huge beat down on UGA, and then last night, to beat Miz by 20+ points on a night when Admiral and Grant were secondary contributors. Not sure which would scare SEC opponents more...46 point win vs UGA or 24 point win vs Miz with very little contributions from our two headed monster tandem. How in the world are you gonna game plan for Alexander, Bowden, Bone, when you've got to try and figure out how to also shut down Grant and Admiral, when they are all so unselfish and play D?

VN Store

Back