Bold Predictions: Lady Vols vs. UMass

Team works on turnover issues and the Lady Volunteers out gun the Lady Minute Men...........

Tennessee 74
Massachusetts 57

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I don't know if I have a prediction or I am just hopeful, however, the Lady Vols get it together, KJH discovers why you use timeouts, when the wheels fall off, and they win 85 to 60.

UMASS was tied at the half with Central Connecticut State University their 1st game. This game shouldn't be within 20 points. They were outrebounded and shot 2 of 16 from 3 against a trash team. My bold prediction would be UT makes 9 plus 3's while allowing UMASS to hit 7.

I feel very positive about the possibility of this team, and it's both exciting and challenging to know this team should take a major step towards being back in the national conversation despite the loss to to OSU*. A bold prediction for me would be a 20% increase 3pt production and elite team defense. Great things should be instore this year. Go Lady Vols.:)

*It is early, and it is concerning, because we did not play like the #4 team in the country, but credit OSU.

Last edited:
I feel very positive about the possibility of this team, and it's both exciting and challenging to know this team should take a major step towards being back in the national conversation despite the loss to to OSU*. A bold prediction for me would be a 20% increase 3pt production and elite team defense. Great things should be instore this year. Go Lady Vols.:)

*It is early, and it is concerning, because we did not play like the #4 team in the country, but credit OSU.
I agree the potential is there for this team to be really good just have to be able to make in game adjustments when things go wrong. SC lost at NC State couple years ago went on the the championship game so need a better plan and not total panic when things go wrong.

I agree the potential is there for this team to be really good just have to be able to make in game adjustments when things go wrong. SC lost at NC State couple years ago went on the the championship game so need a better plan and not total panic when things go wrong.

Actually, we "only" made it to the Final Four where we lost to Stanford that year.

In 19/20 we lost an early season game to BigTen Indiana by about 12, then swept the rest of the season to end up No. 1 (no tourney). Teams can build chemistry.

Umass is a better team than some are thinking. Penn State transfer Breen is REALLY good. They have a Uconn transfer (Gabriel) not sure how she is doing. Philoxy is very talented.They are well coached. Easily a top 25 team in my opinion. Don't judge by their first game they still won easily. You saw how poorly the Lady Vols played in first game. In the tourney last year they played ND tough. TN has way more depth and better players but don't sleep on UMASS.

TN should win this game but I don't see it being easy.

Umass is a better team than some are thinking. Penn State transfer Breen is REALLY good. They have a Uconn transfer (Gabriel) not sure how she is doing. Philoxy is very talented.They are well coached. Easily a top 25 team in my opinion. Don't judge by their first game they still won easily. You saw how poorly the Lady Vols played in first game. In the tourney last year they played ND tough. TN has way more depth and better players but don't sleep on UMASS.

TN should win this game but I don't see it being easy.
Massey has them ranked at #88.
Last year UMass ended ranked #63. They lost 2 games to Rhode Island (#84)).
Their best win last year was South Dakota St (#36).
Their worst loss last year was to Davidson (#140)
They are not a top 25 team.

Massey has them ranked at #88.
Last year UMass ended ranked #63. They lost 2 games to Rhode Island (#84)).
Their best win last year was South Dakota St (#36).
Their worst loss last year was to Davidson (#140)
They are not a top 25 team.

I'm only stating my opinion. Neither of us knows if they are a top 25 team this year until some games are played.I am not talking last year and any ratings for this season is all guesswork they mean nothing right now. They also showed they are capable of hanging in there with top 25 teams like ND #17 and Iowa State #8. They also beat South Dakota State ended up in the top 25 end of season. Was I maybe a bit over the top in saying top 25? Maybe...As far as pre season rankings they fall into the category of others receiving votes. The point I am making is I don't believe this will be a blow out. Umass is a well coached team with one player who's on the Naismith watch list.

After such a disappointing loss, I expect the Ladies will be ready to play. Lady Vols 85, UMass 59.

It was a pretty uninspiring show by the LV. They were out-rebounded 49-45 and they had 18 turnovers, compared the UM's 17. The LV shot only 42% from the field. The 3-point shooting wasn't great but it wasn't abysmal either...28%.

I believe the LV have been busy reading their press clippings. Harper had better jerk a knot in their collective a$$es, or we will be back to the days of Holly.

VN Store

Back