Boeing

Pepe

I just don't see how Boeing is going to be able to swallow the hundreds of airplanes that the public will refuse to ride in with the 737 Max fiasco

burntorangeVOLffle

I just don't see how Boeing is going to be able to swallow the hundreds of airplanes that the public will refuse to ride in with the 737 Max fiasco
Do people pay attention to what kind of plane they are boarding? Or do they schedule more on flight times and fewer connections?

I think it will be more about airlines refusing to buy them.

But... Boeing has enough government contracts to keep them afloat in the long run.

Pepe

Do people pay attention to what kind of plane they are boarding? Or do they schedule more on flight times and fewer connections?

I think it will be more about airlines refusing to buy them.

But... Boeing has enough government contracts to keep them afloat in the long run.
One quick way to answer that question is how Southwest airlines response to the situation. They have pretty much bought the 737 Max exclusively for the last several years. What Boeing did sell more of those airplanes overseas than domestically

YankeeVol

This is the way
I bet 9 out of 10 flyers couldn't identify the plane they were boarding/flying on

ATC_VOL

Maybe they’ll take the same path as the DC-10 and find their way into hauling cargo. Probably a little too small to replace a 757 though.

VolNExile

easily amused
I always notice the aircraft type, because I see it when I’m doing seat selection.

I have to say that even if they come back into service, I’ll want to see a year or two of safe operations, even if they redesign the controls and reinstate the proper recovery system.

As long as bean-counters at Boeing and others are allowed to override the engineers for the sake of increasing company profits, these tragedies are a very real risk.

VN Store

Sponsors