Bobby Maze is forming a Tennessee alumni team for TBT 2020

That team played under a cloud of controversy the whole season. Bruce Pearl was suspended for the first 8 games of the SEC regular season. It was a huge distraction. They still made the NCAA Tournament, though.

That was a good team. But, I remember our illustrious AD going to the airwaves to "re evaluate" Pearl and change positions on his coach a day before the NCAAT. Might as well have just executed him right then. Dumb.

Reactions: BlackLabelVols
That was a good team. But, I remember our illustrious AD going to the airwaves to "re evaluate" Pearl and change positions on his coach a day before the NCAAT. Might as well have just executed him right then. Dumb.
Let's not talk about that part. I don't want to live my life angry.

Reactions: Plecoptera
Not sure if Bobby is playing, or coaching, but I'd have Punter as my starter at PG over MelGo.

Odd tidbit, all three PGs (Maze, Goins, and Punter were JC transfers). Tennessee hasn't signed many JC players in the last 20 years. Devon Baulkman, Ray Kasongo, D'Montre Edwards, and Rawane Ndiaye are the only others I can think of, though I am sure there is maybe one or two I am not remembering.
Chris darrington was juco wasn’t he?

Might be the single dumbest thing Ive ever heard of an AD doing...forgot about Damon Evans, never mind.

Reactions: livefaith

VN Store

Back