Bobby Lutz

Tennessean staff reports

The University of Tennessee has received permission to discuss the head men's basketball coaching vacancy with Charlotte Coach Bobby Lutz.

49ers Athletics Director Judy Rose said she gave the Vols permission, and Lutz acknowledged that he had spoken with UT Athletics Director Mike Hamilton about the job.

The position became available when Buzz Peterson was dismissed after the SEC tournament.

Lutz's team made the NCAA Tournament this season, something Peterson wasn't able to do in four seasons in Knoxville. Lutz is 135-83 in seven seasons at Charlotte, which is leaving Conference USA and joining the Atlantic 10 next season.

Hamilton has said he will not comment on the search until Tennessee introduces its new coach.

Lexington station getting ready to speak on possible future of Travis Ford head coach of E.K.U.

1. Bobby Knight
2. Bruce Pearl
3. Bobby Lutz
4. Johnny Dawkins
5. Travis Ford
6. Skip prosser
7. Pete Gullion( former coach at Virginia)
8. Steve Lavin
9. Matt Doughtery
10. Tom Crean

Wonderful...Just what we need...a coach who is 61.9% over 7 years :banghead: :bash: :censored: :flush: This can't be our Rainmaker...can it?

I'm in Lexington. They teased the Ford story by asking if he could find a Minuteman, so it's obviously about UMass.

Originally posted by TNVOLS1@Mar 21, 2005 9:45 PM
Tennessean staff reports

The University of Tennessee has received permission to discuss the head men's basketball coaching vacancy with Charlotte Coach Bobby Lutz.

49ers Athletics Director Judy Rose said she gave the Vols permission, and Lutz acknowledged that he had spoken with UT Athletics Director Mike Hamilton about the job.

The position became available when Buzz Peterson was dismissed after the SEC tournament.

Lutz's team made the NCAA Tournament this season, something Peterson wasn't able to do in four seasons in Knoxville. Lutz is 135-83 in seven seasons at Charlotte, which is leaving Conference USA and joining the Atlantic 10 next season.

Hamilton has said he will not comment on the search until Tennessee introduces its new coach.

Average record of 19-11. Not bad. I would take him if we didnt get Knight. He and Bruce Pearl are tied on my list for my second option behind RMK.

Originally posted by TNVOLS1@Mar 21, 2005 9:54 PM
1. Knight
2. Pearl
3. Lutz
4. Marshall
5. Anderson
6. Altman

Pretty good top 5.

Why does everyone want bruce pearl all of a sudden? What has he done on a consistent basis to be named so often? Beat Bama and get hired?

Originally posted by VolzOwn@Mar 22, 2005 5:44 PM
Why does everyone want bruce pearl all of a sudden? What has he done on a consistent basis to be named so often? Beat Bama and get hired?

He wins lots of games, he wins tournament games, and he wins championships......ON A CONSISTENT BASIS.

Read Pearl's bio below.
Bruce Pearl bio

Originally posted by TroyCG+Mar 22, 2005 5:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TroyCG @ Mar 22, 2005 5:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Vols4life@Mar 22, 2005 4:08 PM
My list is the best&#33;&#33;&#33;  :furious3:

No its not.
:moon2: [/quote]
:dlol: :eek:lol: :dlol: :eek:lol:

Hey you TroyCG

Vols4life :bottom: TroyCG

Oh...So if someone types up a good Bio it makes them a good coach...Alrighty...That means Buzz is Pat Riley or somebody then. His bio has the same thing Pearls does. Southern Indiana? Geez Louise..Powerhouse there...If he hadnt coached a team that beat lil Ol Bama he wouldnt even be mentioned so that Bio is crap...it didnt matter til that win...and that win isnt impressive.

Originally posted by VolzOwn@Mar 22, 2005 8:44 PM
Oh...So if someone types up a good Bio it makes them a good coach...Alrighty...That means Buzz is Pat Riley or somebody then. His bio has the same thing Pearls does. Southern Indiana? Geez Louise..Powerhouse there...If he hadnt coached a team that beat lil Ol Bama he wouldnt even be mentioned so that Bio is crap...it didnt matter til that win...and that win isnt impressive.

When you win everywhere you coach....that makes Pearl a good coach. And his team beat a good BC team as well as Bama in the NCAA Tourney. I find it impressive that this UMW team has made it to the Sweet Sixteen.

Who besides Knight has a better resume than Pearl? Somebody that UT has a chance to get? Comparing Buzz&#39;s record with Pearl&#39;s, now that is :bs:

VN Store

Back