Bobby Knight

QBvol7

What happened? He just all of a sudden is not a possible candidate anymore. He looks like he really likes his Texas Tech team and really havent heard any mention of his name. I say we give him Carte Blanch and pay him mega dollars. Imagine how good it would look next season if we had the 2 winningest coaches in NCAA history coaching both of out basketball programs? He could turn TBA into a hard place to play. He could fill it up.

I think that his age has a lot to do with it. Here is a quote from KNS....

"The 64-year-old Texas Tech coach might bring instant national recognition to Tennessee, but the prospect of going through another coaching search in a matter of a few years isn’t an exciting option.

Champ Search, the Los Angeles-based firm hired to find Buzz Peterson’s replacement, has been indirectly in touch with Knight, but the UT power structure appears more comfortable going in a different direction. Peterson was fired on March 13"

I would like to have Knight too, but the more I read on Pearl, the more I like him instead.

Could it be that he was never interested? Could it be that we were never interested? Mike Hamilton would be a total idiot to believe that he could actually be RMK's BOSS. No one is Bob Knight's boss.

Attachments

• happelsmokey.jpg
    happelsmokey.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 0
Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Mar 25, 2005 11:24 PM
He looks a little puny to me.
:dunno:

:dlol: I think that is the smokey that they had to put on drugs so he wouldn't try to bite people......Still a great pic though.

They oughtta bring him back and let him take a bite out of crime. If we ever DO play Miami again.

:p

If we don't, he can always chase Brooks around.....(that was bad, I know)

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@Mar 25, 2005 9:58 PM
because he doesnt want to come here. he is happy in lubbock.

Happy and Lubbock shouldn't be uttered in the same breath.

Listen UT has been playing the same game for a long time. I mean how many of these coaches have you ever heard of before this season. We are a strong division 1 school, we have one of the largest arenas in the country, so we need to have a mens team that can match that. The powers that be need to stop screwing around and buy a coach that we know can do the job, instead of taking a shot in the dark on some screwball caoch from who cares University. To me Bob Knight is the only pick that I have heard of that can do the job. I think we need to buy him.

For gods sakes just tell Bob knight that if he comes to Tennessee and wins, we will probably name the city after him. Then once we have a team we can get a replacement from a directional school to maintain it. I think caoch knight would come for a legacy, that is what we have to offer.

off the point of the thread but I love that picture of Smokey, he is taking a rest before stomping a mud hole in Georgia's butt.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood+Mar 25, 2005 11:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Orangewhiteblood @ Mar 25, 2005 11:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-LadyinOrange@Mar 25, 2005 11:24 PM
He looks a little puny to me.
:dunno:

:dlol: I think that is the smokey that they had to put on drugs so he wouldn&#39;t try to bite people......Still a great pic though. [/quote]
Hey folks, this is just the nature of Hounds. When they&#39;re not barking, they just lay around and make great decoaration.

I have had 2 black and tans (cousins to the bluetick). I live in a log home with a wrap-around porch, and they really did spice up the place until they both passed.

I&#39;ve never had a better pet in my looooong life than a hound dog.

Now tell me, doesn&#39;t that pic make you want to go take a nap? :D

VN Store

Back