Bob Stoops to Auburn? Gus to Georgia Tech?

@Grand Vol

I should have used blue font, but I'll play.

Name the terms.

We'll say starting Dec 29th (day after the Music City Bowl). I'll give it until Jan 31, 2019 for Auburn to fire him.

If they fire Malzahn AND Bob Stoops comes out of retirement to coach at Auburn, you pick my avi from the date of announcement until let's say midnight Feb 28th, 2019.

If Bob Stoops isn't head football coach at Auburn as of midnight Jan 31, 2019 (Central Time) you get a new avi for the month of February.

ONLY if Malzahn is fired and ONLY if Bob Stoops is coaching and ONLY at Auburn.

Deal?

We'll say starting Dec 29th (day after the Music City Bowl). I'll give it until Jan 31, 2019 for Auburn to fire him.

If they fire Malzahn AND Bob Stoops comes out of retirement to coach at Auburn, you pick my avi from the date of announcement until let's say midnight Feb 28th, 2019.

If Bob Stoops isn't head football coach at Auburn as of midnight Jan 31, 2019 (Central Time) you get a new avi for the month of February.

Deal?

Tough one and no margin for error.

Deal.

Edit. I may regret this bet.

Last edited:
Reactions: 0nelilreb
I know some Auburn people and they told me about this last week, I laughed at them. Said they would offer Stoops 10 mil per year.

Dont think Gus goes anywhere this year and I dont think he hires Freeze. He is going to hire a HS coach here probably to assist him, but Gus will call and run the offense this year IMO.

Dont think Gus goes anywhere this year and I dont think he hires Freeze. He is going to hire a HS coach here probably to assist him, but Gus will call and run the offense this year IMO.

Let's see how his team performs against Purdue first. If they roll over dead against the Boilermakers, GMs time as HBC will be in jeopardy.

Interesting how rumors get spread:

Gus Malzahn: ‘My contract has not changed one bit’

Speaking to the media for the first time in 19 days, since his postgame press conference during the Iron Bowl, Malzahn wanted to make something clear about his contract to be Auburn’s coach in wake of reports that he was being forced to renegotiate his new seven-year, $49 million deal.

“A couple things I wanted to clear up that are out there,” Malzahn said. “First of all, my contract has not changed one bit. I was never told I had to change my contract to keep my job. I have the support of our athletic director and president. There’s nobody hamstringing me from doing our job."

I know some Auburn people and they told me about this last week, I laughed at them. Said they would offer Stoops 10 mil per year.
I don't think Auburn people realize how much money it would take to do all of that.

It's $32m to buy out Gus. Say another $5m for his staff. If they offered Stoops $10m/year for, say, 6 years. That's a $60m commitment. All told it would come to a figure around $100m. Auburn has money, but not that kind of money.

Hoping for an Auburn loss, blowout style to Purdue. That should get their attention down on the plains.

Ken Whisenhunt to GT?
I have no fond memory of him as the Titan HC. They will crash and burn if he is their coach and has anything to do with offense.

Edit: Nevermind. I see this is old and GT already hired collins. I've been so absorbed in the UT OC search and recruiting that I had a brain fart here.

Reactions: volfannbama

Deal?

@ETV

Haven't forgotten about this lol

Gus Malzahn? Someone needs to put the crack pipe down. No way would he lose that $32 M payout from Auburn.

And no way is Stoops coming out of retirement for the Auburn job. The buyout is there either way.

Some Auburn fans are just really really desperate.

Let me be the first....Gruden to Auburn! :p

Well you know Gruden's wife has family there and they own property next to a golf course there as well. Heard he has a son transferring in to Auburn as well. Hey Atlanta Vol, what say you and MIT Beaver on this one?

@ETV

Haven't forgotten about this lol

@Grand Vol

Since it appears that you've won this bet (barring an unforeseen miracle discovery involving the entire Auburn coaching staff with a transvestite prostitution ring), any thoughts on my avi change for the upcoming month?

@Grand Vol

Since it appears that you've won this bet (barring an unforeseen miracle discovery involving the entire Auburn coaching staff with a transvestite prostitution ring), any thoughts on my avi change for the upcoming month?

Nope, I'll wait until the 1st.

Reactions: bag12day
Kiffin, Dooley, and Jones have all shown interest in the Auburn job.

Cow race to decide the next HC. 3 laps around the barn.

VN Store

Back